Can't seem to progress from friends with benefits

Long story short I've (25m) been talking to this girl (25f) for almost 6 months. I told her that we would make a good couple and she agreed but said there's no need to rush anything cause things are going really well. Its been a couple more months now and i don't know how to go about progressing the relationship. I don't want to continue to focus on it if its not going to go anywhere... But every time I see her it seems like everything's going great. She'll kiss me in front of friends but i have this worry nothing will ever come from it. I'm always the one to plan outings and it just seems a little one sided. Should i not ask to hangout until she does considering its mostly me doing that? Should I maybe take a step back?

I've (25m) been talking to this girl (25f) for almost 6 months.

The title says friends with benefits, so I'm assuming you're doing more than talking?

If she doesn't want more after 6 months, especially if you're having sex, it's unlikely she ever will.

Yes, I would wait for her to initiate any contact and see what she does.

Beendaredonedat

Did you both go into this with the understanding that it was casual as in FWB or are you assuming that that is what it is?

Do you know if she is dating others? Are you?

More info please.

Beendaredonedat

So what is it you want to achieve with her then? You are exclusive, you are dating regularly (yes? and things are going good...

What, to you, would be the next step in advancing this relationship?

• Author

Being able to actually say we're official. Went to a party and when people asked she would just say "we're talking". We've been "talking" for many months though. Maybe she just likes to take it really slow.

Lotsgoingon

I'm stumped with this one brother. You're exclusive and yet you're not official.

That combo blows my circuits. Committed, exclusive FWBs. You might be at the cutting edge of a new development in society.

Ok more seriously, did she say she WILL NOT see people or is she simply saying she IS NOT seeing other people. Huge difference!

• Author

I just don't like how past friends with benefit relationships have ended for me. I think shes a little nervous to fully commit. Whats driving me a little crazy is not knowing where we stand on a week to week basis. Realistically I think i'm over complicating all this but i cant help myself, I really like this one.