what would you do?

I have been with my man for 3 1/2 years. We have an 18mo daughter and are happy together. We've lived together for 3 years, talk about our future together, and fight once in a great while (nothing big). Recently, we went to his little sisters wedding. I thought this might bring up the marriage thought in his mind. I'm just waiting for him to discuss it more or ask me. He has been married before, I have not. So he finally was talking about how our wedding was gonna be like. He was saying about what he'd like and I was agreeing with some of his thoughts. But since then he really hasn't mentioned anything. Was he just caught in the moment? Was it just talk since we were at a wedding and his family was there? I don't want to seem pushy, but I would like to know if he had an actual time picked out to ask me. Or maybe just to know he's for sure about it. Anything I can clue him on to see without seeming overanxious or pushy? I'm kinda "iffy" because I don't want to rush him into it (like his ex did) but I would like to know my future with him means a wedding sometime. Thanks for listening and your responses.

No matter what he says, no matter what he does, no matter what promises he makes, no matter what ring he gives you, no matter what he tells friends, no matter when he asks you, no matter how much he discusses marriage, no matter how much he doesn't discuss marriage, no matter if you go talk to a minister, no matter if you have ten more kids, no matter how many wedding invitations you send out...you won't know when he's going to marry you UNTIL AFTER HE SAYS "I DO" at the ceremony.

And, even then, it can be quickly annulled if he changes his mind. Enjoy his company, there's nothing in the universe you can say or do that will speed up the process.

You may get better information from the Psychic Friends, but I doubt it.

And good luck. My gut feeling tells me he'll marry you. But don't be in such a hurry. For many in your situation, marriage mostly means you won't have sex as much.

If you're wondering or curious, then just ask. Don't worry 3 1/2 years is more than enough time, so you won't seem "pushy" at all.