good friends...great lovers???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does it mean when a long time friend becomes a lover?

My freind, John, who I have known for almost a year who I had come to have a really close friendship with, had finally gone a step further. It wasn't planned, but after the first time we slept together all these feelings surfaced. At first I thought we'd be friends with benefits, but I came to the reality that I would want more than just the sex. We then had sex a few more times, and I still said nothing about how I really felt.

I'm out of town on a job assignment till the end of the year, but when I make my monthly visits back home, its like the best feeling to be with him. So I started keeping in contact with him more frequently. And he didn't seem to mind. So I asked him for his email address. He gave it to me, and I wrote him a letter telling him exactly how I felt about everything.

I didnt expect a response, but the letter he wrote back was the most amazing romantic thing anything has ever said about me. It was totally unexpected. Make a lonf story short in the end of the response, he mentioned that we were obviously more than friends....asking me what we should define our relationship upon. Should we set boundaries? restrictions? and I don't exactly know what that means.

We talked last night on the phone for about 2 hours. Just kind of enjoying each others company. We asked each other what was on our minds constantly, and slowy got out just about everything we had been avoiding talking about. He constantly kept asking me when I was coming home. In the end, he told me he was mostly thinking about me and how he wished I was there with him.

Could this be a next step to us possibly actually going that step further?? Any opinion would be appreciated...

• Author

thanks for your guys input...

i kind of just needed some reassurance, b/c I don't want to think it'll take a wrong turn w/o getting an opinion of this being a good thing....ive been dissapointed so many times in the past....it makes me paranoid...