Was she trying it on?

an0nym0us123

Firstly i would have nothing to do with this situation.

A woman ive done odd jobs for for years texted me wanting something done so i went up to her house. Husband wasnt there. She is always very chatty. Anyway when i got home she text me thanking me. I said it was no bother. I said you didnt need to wait about for me to carry out the work. She said it was fine my company made it worth while! She asked about a bill, i said ill get one to her when i get a chance. She joked that i wasn't very organised. I replied, yeah i know i need a secretary. She replies, ill look out for the job add in the paper. I said, i can only dream of the day i can have a secretary. She replies, more like her doing the dreaming. She also said it would be great to work with someone with similar interests.

At this point i thought she was flirting so ended the convo. She has text me several times recently asking my opinions about things as we both are in the same field of work.

Shes married and local and im keeping well out of it but was she trying it on or have i got it wrong?

Edited by an0nym0us123

Yep, she's laying it on thick. Do you need that business?

If you do id keep it on a business level.

You get caught up in that it'll have far reaching affects on the rest of your business

• Author
an0nym0us123

Yeah it seemed that way to me but ive picked it up wrong before. I think she has given up as ive not been that responsive as of late and i dont sense much flirting in her last messages. I know her and the husband broke up at one point and got back together. But we are also fb friends and she posted quite a few holiday snaps of them not long after this happened so not sure what was going on in her head at that point. Business wise it doesnt really bother me i will just act disinterested towards her.

I don't see that as flirting. I think she's just lonely and enjoyed chatting with someone that has common interests. It would be different if she suggested you meet for a drink, or started giving personal compliments, but ummmm at this point everyone is just assuming. It could just be quite innocent.

Just because a women likes to chat with a man or vise versa, doesn't always mean romantic interest.

• Like 2
I don't see that as flirting. I think she's just lonely and enjoyed chatting with someone that has common interests. It would be different if she suggested you meet for a drink, or started giving personal compliments, but ummmm at this point everyone is just assuming. It could just be quite innocent.

Just because a women likes to chat with a man or vise versa, doesn't always mean romantic interest.

We were not there to see her body language or the tone of her voice.

Though those words were very flirtatious.

Better to be safe than sorry.

^^^ This.

As you then shut her down, she does not see you as friendly any more, hence

she has gone quiet.

She also may have identified that potential secretarial position and was sweet talking you into employing her.

Men seem to assume sex as soon a a woman speaks to them in a friendly way, women tend to not think like that.

• Like 1