Muslims and Catholics?

major_merrick
Also. Can we stop with the Islamophobic comments, they are not nice and kinda not accurate.

Almost every religion followers think the other person will go to hell if they don't believe or follow their religion.. Le't not kid ourselves.

Now that is how the man-made religious gain power, by manipulating people that they are going to hell if they do not believe in their make-believe religions.

I absolutely stand by the comments that I made. Sorry, but not sorry. If you are a true Christian believer, marriage to someone not of your faith is spiritually dangerous. Depending on how radical someone is, there can be physical danger as well. Christians do not believe that faith and morality are relative, whatever modern culture and bumper stickers say about "Coexist."

Also, I can't imagine a true Muslim believer who would marry a Christian knowing that the Christian would not convert. One could argue that the Muslim guy would not be acting according to the tenets of his faith unless he was determined to convert his wife to Islam. Some people might say that marrying under such circumstances would be unethical.

I've spent half my life as a Christian in Muslim-majority countries. As a result I have a lot of Muslim friends, and I know people in mixed religious marriages that have worked out fine. However, one crucial ingredient of those relationships - of any relationship, really - is to respect your partner's differences. Some of the most solid advice I was ever given by anyone was never to go into a relationship in the hope that I could change aspects of my partner that I didn't like. If you have to change or drastically compromise on your own faith in order to make a relationship work, it's time to get out.

I absolutely stand by the comments that I made. Sorry, but not sorry. If you are a true Christian believer, marriage to someone not of your faith is spiritually dangerous. Depending on how radical someone is, there can be physical danger as well. Christians do not believe that faith and morality are relative, whatever modern culture and bumper stickers say about "Coexist."

An awful lot of Christians would look at the kind of sexual/romantic lifestyle you lead and say, "If you are a true Christian believer, polyamorous bisexual relationships are spiritually dangerous." Lots of them would tell you that you're acting immorally and you're on the road to hell. You probably wouldn't appreciate that pronouncement. So in recognition that Christianity is a 'big tent' and that we are all doing our best to figure out how to love God and neighbour as best we can in our different ways, it might be as well to avoid making sweeping statements of your own about what 'true' Christians do and don't do. It never hurts to extend to others the same respect you'd like to be shown. The same principle applies when it comes to making generalising statements about religions you're not part of.

• Like 9

I think it's possible to be a "true believer" in terms of the conviction and sincerity of one's faith without attempting to follow every rule and letter of one's "book". In fact I think it's not actually possible to follow every passage, and even "fundamentalists" who attempt to do so are picking and choosing, because some are contradictory.

So, IMO it boils down to judgement calls and even "true believers'" understandings often change and mature over time.

• Like 1

He "forced" you to change religions?

Why are you allowing yourself to be controlled like this?

Is your boyfriend more important to you than your faith?

Does he RESPECT you?

Honestly this doesn't sound good at all. There should be no forcing of any kind in a loving relationship.

What does your family think? What does his family think?

Is this what YOU WANT in your life? Time to make sure you are making your choices, and not letting others make them for you.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a Catholic dating a Muslim. My faith is who I am. I could never convert, and he wouldn't force me to. We are early dating it might become an issue but everyone has things they have to compromise in relationships. My dad stopped eating meat due to health issues. My boyfriend doesn't eat pork. It's something I eat but could adjust my diet if we were to marry.  And not eat it at home. He doesn't celebrate Christmas my favorite holiday, but he admired my Christmas tree. We are enjoying each others company for now. He respects my beliefs I respect his. I wear dresses on most of our dates. It's a respect thing. Not a forced thing. 

Don't let your boyfriend force you. Pray about it. Ask God for guidance. He will advise you. God loves us.