Secrets. To tell or not to tell

I have been in a 2-year relationship now and I was wondering, does every guy keep secrets and is it healthy? When my boyfriend goes out with his friends, being at a club drinking or to s strip joint, he says, “It was no big deal. Nothing happened”. Is it okay to keep some secrets? What secrets should you tell and not tell? What do ya’ll think?

Here's the thing, it's okay to keep some things to yourself. For instance- when the cute fireman flirted with me at Walmart, I didn't run home and tell my husband about it. Not because I had something to hide, but because it really was nothing and nothing will ever come of that because I'm in love with my husband.

Keeping things like a really close friend of the opposite sex who is calling you and e mailing you all the time and you are feeling an attraction to is NOT.

Mostly he was probably just having a good time with the guys and nothing probably happened.

RecordProducer

I don't need to know how great in bed his ex Julie was. But I don't care too much. :p

What I definitely don't want to know is how cute this girl is! :mad:

I don't want to know if he fantasized about Angelina Jolie while making love to me. I also don't feel like being informed about some girl who had such a short skirt and small thong that he could almost see her pussy.

He doesn't have to tell me all about his previous relationships. He doesn't have to tell me that some women hit on him or flirted.

He is not obligated to tell me about his college sins.

I don't ask my BF of one year what exactly he did last night, because I trust him and know he didn't go out with his wild buddies and a bunch of horny females, got drunk or smoked pot. he doesn't drink, his friends are decent, he lives a modest life, and I trust him when it comes to fidelity.

So how much you feel that he is not telling you depends on how much you trust him - i.e. how much he deserves to be trusted. My BF goes dancing every Tuesday night and he dances with many women. Sometimes I ask him how the evening went and he says "Okay, as usual." Sometimes I forget to ask about it.

Sharing a lot of details is not an indicator of honesty, although it can fool people that one is being very open and honest about everything. ;)

Sharing a lot of details is not an indicator of honesty, although it can fool people that one is being very open and honest about everything. ;)

That's a great statement!:p