Getting over Jealousy & Insecurity

Alexafree

My BF and I have a very mature, open (meaning we speak freely about our past, our feelings, etc.), committed relationship. I have never been a jealous girlfriend, I've never felt the need. Yet this relationship is unlike any other I have been in. My beau was some what of a "player" in the past, he is very charismatic, therefore attracts a lot of women. Sometimes he can even be a little flirty. On a few occassions I have been insanely jealous - a very new feeling for me.

I know that I am his one and only. How do I get over this new-found insecurity?

feisty red
My BF and I have a very mature, open (meaning we speak freely about our past, our feelings, etc.), committed relationship. I have never been a jealous girlfriend, I've never felt the need. Yet this relationship is unlike any other I have been in. My beau was some what of a "player" in the past, he is very charismatic, therefore attracts a lot of women. Sometimes he can even be a little flirty. On a few occassions I have been insanely jealous - a very new feeling for me. I know that I am his one and only. How do I get over this new-found insecurity?
feisty red
I know exactly how you feel. Our situation is almost the same. I just have to remind myself he's with me. I basically bite my tongue and try to think of other things. I would like to know how to get over this insecurity. But for now, that's what I do.

is it possible that he likes to see that you get jealous and kind of plays into it? if so, which is what a boyfriend of mine use to do until i realized i was playing right into his hands.....then once i quit and just ignored his flirting and what nots, it took all the fun right out of it for him....

it still killed me but after a while i just learned to look the other way, then he finally stopped...it's worth a try if nothing else.

I think the most important thing for you to remember is that a man is a man and he will do exactly what he wants. If he chooses to cheat on you there is no amount of jealousy that is going to stop him! As a matter of fact that will probably encourage it! You must trust your own judgement, did you choose to be with him cause he is a good man or was it his physical appearance? If he is with you cause you are a good woman nothing some "hotbody" says or does to him will take him away.