tony, what did you find a replacement for napster?

i'm trying to find a napster alternative since i can't even get one single song off napster now.....i know you used it alot, so i was wondering if you found something as good or almost as good.

i tried that mynapster.com and it is very confusing i think, it sends me in circles to do evaluations for the song i put in. i've never even gotten one song downloaded from there. i'm not blonde but my son swears by that site and i can't figure it out. thanks for any help on this, i know it's not love, but love of music anyway, does that count.?

Go to: http://www.zeropaid.com

There, on the top middle of the page, you will find more than 24 file and music/file sharing clients for your consideration. Click on each and you will go to their site for a description.

Because so many people are looking for alternatives, it's hard to log onto the great ones. However, the betters ones seem to me to be: winmx, audiogalaxy, audioGnome, bearshare, imesh, amd songspy.

You might want to download one or two and use them for a few days. If you don't like them, uninstall them and go for the others.

I really don't think there will ever be as good a situation as Napster was, particularly in the six months before it was shut down. However, I will tell you the Internet is totally out of control and free music sharing is here forever until they figure out a way to digitally prevent unauthorized exchanges on the file sharing sites.

Good luck to you.

tony...thank you so very much....i have not even heard of any of these and i am on my way now to check them out. i had just bought a cdrw and put it in my computer so i could make my own tapes then shortly afterthat all this with napster happened...sad....napster was the best/! thank you alot!

Go to: http://www.zeropaid.com There, on the top middle of the page, you will find more than 24 file and music/file sharing clients for your consideration. Click on each and you will go to their site for a description.

Because so many people are looking for alternatives, it's hard to log onto the great ones. However, the betters ones seem to me to be: winmx, audiogalaxy, audioGnome, bearshare, imesh, amd songspy. You might want to download one or two and use them for a few days. If you don't like them, uninstall them and go for the others. I really don't think there will ever be as good a situation as Napster was, particularly in the six months before it was shut down. However, I will tell you the Internet is totally out of control and free music sharing is here forever until they figure out a way to digitally prevent unauthorized exchanges on the file sharing sites.

Good luck to you.