'Let me see'

Bobbyb82

In my experience anytime a woman won't make a definite date it is best just to count that as a no, and tell her let's just do it another time.  So this girl called me yesterday, and we met up briefly yesterday at her request.  She was very flirty, touchy and the conversation flowed.  She said "It's been a while since we've been out"...So I ask her what day is best for her Thursday or Friday?  

Her: Let me see

Me:  It sounds like you might have something going on, let's try again after you get back.  (She's going to be out of town Monday-Friday next week)

Her: No...Let me see

Me: I think it would just be better if we just wait

Her: No, I have to cut my neighbors hair, I was supposed to cut it last night but I didn't get to it.  He coaches basketball and I don't know if his game is Thursday night or Friday night.

Me: .......

Her: Let me see..

Is there ever an exception to "Let me see"  type of response? Most of the time if a woman isn't interested she will just go with the "yeah, lets just do it another time" in my experience.  

'Let me see' sounds like the start of her planning.  Did you allow her time to think it through before jumping in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Wanderlust2018

Sounds like a lot of non committal run around to me. You’ve expressed your interest and it seems that she’s not biting. Don’t say anything more whatsoever and let her play her cards if she chooses to. She didn’t offer an alternative day/date but rather; a lame excuse about cutting someone’s hair and not knowing their schedule. Major red flag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow I really dont understand most people here. Why so harsh? Do you never need to check your schedule when planning something? And if your boss tells you he needs to check schedule, do you say "you cant make it. lets cancel"? I bet not. So why so harsh on her?

She already told you she will check if the hair cut is thursday or friday, and sounds like she will see you the other day. Just let her check for Christ Sake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Cookiesandough

What’s the appeal of going on a date with someone you’re already having a quasi argument with... before you’ve even made it to a first date? 

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
2 hours ago, Ambereyes said:

Wow I really dont understand most people here. Why so harsh? Do you never need to check your schedule when planning something? And if your boss tells you he needs to check schedule, do you say "you cant make it. lets cancel"? I bet not. So why so harsh on her?

She already told you she will check if the hair cut is thursday or friday, and sounds like she will see you the other day. Just let her check for Christ Sake.

I’m not jumping her, I’m just wanting opinions. 

• Author
52 minutes ago, Cookiesandough said:

What’s the appeal of going on a date with someone you’re already having a quasi argument with... before you’ve even made it to a first date? 

I never said it was our first date. We’ve been talking/dating for a little while. And have been on plenty of dates. 

• Author
2 hours ago, Wanderlust2018 said:

Sounds like a lot of non committal run around to me. You’ve expressed your interest and it seems that she’s not biting. Don’t say anything more whatsoever and let her play her cards if she chooses to. She didn’t offer an alternative day/date but rather; a lame excuse about cutting someone’s hair and not knowing their schedule. Major red flag. 

We’ve hooked up before, so she knows my interest.  And that’s her job, I’m not getting butthurt about the excuse just wondering about the proper way to take “let me see” and follow up. I didn’t talk to her today because I was waiting on her to let me see.... she text me around 8pm with a screenshot about something we joked/talked about yesterday. 2nd day in a row she’s initiated contact. 

4 hours ago, Ambereyes said:

I totally understand what you mean! In normal situation people wouldn't be that harsh but we forget to take people's opinion with a pinch of salt here as it's online. 

OP I don't see a MAJOR red flag here. Small amber one at best. Let her sort things out and then see what happens. Why assume the worst? I can see why the multiple 'let me see' would be frustrating. Simply don't let her.

8 hours ago, Bobbyb82 said:

Me:  It sounds like you might have something going on, let's try again after you get back.  (She's going to be out of town Monday-Friday next week)

Instead of this, just tell her you know she's busy so let's do it on Thursday <insert date>. Simple. By responding so vaguely you might invite more of those "let me see" responses...

• Like 1

She definitely sounds very interested in you.

Don't write her of yet because she actually sounds genuine.

Go with the flow and wait and see if she contacts you about which day she is free.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ambereyes said:

Do you never need to check your schedule when planning something?

It's true. I have to think carefully about it for me, or I over schedule then end up messing people about with cancellations.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bobbyb82 said:

We’ve been talking/dating for a little while. And have been on plenty of dates. 

Then to answer your original question I am guessing she sees you as non-committal not the other way around.

• Like 1

I have a rule about dating. As I man, I will pursue but not chase. It's impossible to judge how much pursuit is required here without being in on the conversation and its tone. But generally, if you get the feeling that you are overly invested compared to her, you should probably slow down (not pull back). So if that's how you feel and why you came here to ask opinions, then you probably are more invested that she is currently. That might always be the case, so slow down, let her get back to you, and then decide. 

• Like 1

"let me see"... she's making you a priority by looking thru her schedule to make it work... fool. :)

duh. yeah, i'm laughing at you. but i'm happy for you. hope it works out!

• Like 1
  • Author
58 minutes ago, lurker74 said:

I have a rule about dating. As I man, I will pursue but not chase. It's impossible to judge how much pursuit is required here without being in on the conversation and its tone. But generally, if you get the feeling that you are overly invested compared to her, you should probably slow down (not pull back). So if that's how you feel and why you came here to ask opinions, then you probably are more invested that she is currently. That might always be the case, so slow down, let her get back to you, and then decide. 

Nah, I know that is not the case.  She's reached out to me the last several times.

25 minutes ago, Bobbyb82 said:

Nah, I know that is not the case.  She's reached out to me the last several times.

'Go with the flow' then.

• Author
4 hours ago, Ellener said:

Then to answer your original question I am guessing she sees you as non-committal not the other way around.

I think that is very possible, thanks.

46 minutes ago, Ellener said:

'Go with the flow' then.

That's the plan.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Oops. I somehow missed the whole first paragraph where you explained that, sorry. The history you guys have changes things drastically. Seems like some game playing on both ends, so it’s a bit different from the “maybe” or “we’ll see” you get from someone who is just afraid to say a hard no. It’s difficult to know intent 

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
  • Author
6 minutes ago, Cookiesandough said:

Oops. I somehow missed the whole first paragraph where you explained that, sorry. The history you guys have changes things drastically. Seems like some game playing on both ends

I think that is accurate.. I talked to her this morning, and we have a date set for tonight.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know, if things are good but not good enough, it's worth taking a step back. Because the person you want to spend your life with- well, it's important you can do that.

I am very lucky to be able to be a passionate person and have friends tell me yes, no,  maybe....

Have a good night and remember- it's what happens in the moment is what counts xox

On 1/9/2020 at 7:35 PM, Bobbyb82 said:

So I ask her what day is best for her Thursday or Friday?  

Her: Let me see

Her: No...Let me see

Me: I think it would just be better if we just wait

Hard to tell but  based on your lines above, you VOLUNTEERED to postpone the date, you SUGGESTED that she postpone the planning for a date ... She didn't tell you the rest of the story. 

I've done this ... and it's a terrible move. Ask the question. Then silence--allow the person to fully answer. You seem to step all over her answer. What you want to do instead, is simply listen. My guess: had you just stayed silent and allowed her to answer the question, you would be able to tell if this was a blowoff or not. 

Let me see can indeed be a dismissal. Or let me see can be an honest response of someone who knows they've got several things going on ... none totally settled ... and so they need to think about their schedule. I have a friend who just days ago, asked "hey can we get together for coffee on Saturday morning."  This is one of my favorite people. My answer: let me see. I knew I had several things going on over the weekend, and I wanted to look at my calendar ... and more important, I wanted to take a moment to think about what I may have left off my calendar ... before committing to the specific time. A day later I told my friend that Saturday coffee is fine. 

Questions: did she complete her thoughts  and say ... I'm not sure about Friday ... but maybe Saturday could work?  ... Did she seem to have multiple items up in the air? If so, I don't see this as a blowoff.

A blowoff is usually a firm, "I'll have to see." 

Pause.

Silence.

No elaboration, no explanation of events up in the air. 

In case, stop volunteering and suggesting that the person postpone the date. If you get no, then it's a no. Don't suggest a no. 

• Like 1

I suggest you just "wait and see". You've put the ball in her court and now you can see if she comes through with plans.

i hate let me see or ill let you know and maybe type of answers just dont have your hopes up but with that in mind you let her do the work now suggest a day and if she not available she can come to you ,never chase

Edited by hercules22