Update on Advice and Encouragement

Hey Guys

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. It is harsh but true. I am 24 and she is 26. We are/were officially engaged(ring and announcement all that jazz). Well to update on the situation, Me and my better half had a talk today. She has a lot of personal problems (as do I). These problems are causing us to fall apart. They have never been addressed to ourselves and we both have been pushing them under the carpet since before we met. I am very saddened by this but we(meaning she) has decided to break off our relationship until we are happy with ourselves. I do agree with her on that but it is very hard. I am feeling very alone. I have friends that love me but I don't want to look like some depressed fool crying about my ex. She told me she wants to still be close to me. As a friend of course and hopefully/maybe we will wind up back together. I honestly cannot believe we are finished. As for her male friend, yes I have been out with them and I encouraged her to ask him and his friends out to go to live shows when I was unable to because of work. She told me however that she wouldn't be dating anyone for a long period of time, and she still believed there was a strong chance that we get back together. I am hoping but not holding my breath. It just seemed that she was perfect for me, and she told me I was for her. And in these past couple of months crazy things have been happening. I don't know..I really can't explain what is going through my head right now...but thank you for the help and words of wisdom.

JT