why do men hold back their feelings??

sweetsurrender

sweetsurrender

This is really bothering me. Why is it that guys after they've been hurt, run from relationships with women they know they are interested in all to hold on to the hurt of a past breakup/f*up. The thing is with me though, I just want him to say, Yes. I like you too. And one day after some things get straight maybe we can be together. I've fallen for a guy who I've been kicking it with long distance for over a year now. I finally realize how I feel and send him an email, and he hasn't responded yet. That was a week and a half ago. I know he likes me. Was I supposed to know that I was the girl he likes, but never had intentions of being with cuz he's scared I'll f* over him too? We texted eachotehr a couple of times a few days ago, light conversation, but I know he's not calling me cuz he doesn't want to talk about the email. Men talk about women having their guards up. But what about men who do the same? It's totally unfair...I miss him so damn much!

I am going through many of these things with my current girlfriends. After we get our heart stomped on it is hard for men to trust and there are many bad women out there these days. I have decided to trust my girlfriend and go with it. I have good instincts about people and I get nothing from good vibes from her. Try talking with him and let him know thet you can be trusted. Show a little patience.

I have decided to trust my girlfriend and go with it.

If you haven't noticed WOGGLE....we all have to trust others every minute of every day. You have to trust that that everyone will stop at a red light while driving. You have to trust that you doctor knows what he is doing. You have to trust your boss when she says that your job is not in jeopardy. And you also have to trust the pilot of the Airbus A-320 that you're on did not drink a 12 pack of beer before flying the plane. :)

whichwayisup

It's the same with men and women, this just doesn't apply to men! If one has been hurt badly enough, trusting ANYBODY is hard.

You need to tell him you won't hurt him and you're not that person who hurt him in his past. Just be patient. The more you push it, you'll push him away.

• Author
sweetsurrender

I guess you guys are right. I mean, b/c we have more of a friendship than a romantic relationship, it has just appaulled me that he did not call or try to make contact sooner to talk about this. I know that he is stressed right now with touring and not really having time for himself, but I also know that I feed into his life in a way that I don't believe he would be willing to just trash so easily. It scares me and makes me impatient that I could be wrong though. But, I'm not one to give myself more credit than I deserve. He is a bit of an emotional feather, not to tears or crying to me, but he expresses his feelings well, but he does hold back a tad bit more than say, I would. I was on the verge of deleting all his numbers from my phone but b/c of you guys, I'll wait it out on his time and see when he calls. If it takes him too long to give me a response that he could've called to say from the beginning, I'll just curse him out and then delete all his numbers from my phone!! lol :love::mad:

Patience is one thing we women seem to have in every aspect of life, except when it comes down to love. He knows that I'm not the one to stomp all over his heart like his ex did. I think it's the fact that he can sense that I wouldn't do that but still fearful that he could be wrong down the line, is what's taking him so long. It's so easy to love without risks, but what's the point, if u don't take a risk every now and then!