Wrestling

Here's a question for you guys. I was with a man this weekend, and he wanted to wrestle. Nothing else went on as far as intimacy, etc.

I was just curious if this is normal behavior, or what? Come on guys - fess up. Let me in on this.

Thanks

If you didn't know this man very well, he's pretty sick.

If he was someone you've known for a month or two, he was just kidding around with you. Couples often act playfully and "wrestle" with each other but not in the real wrestling sense of the word.

I have never wrestled with a female before but if a lady submitted to such activity, you can bet I would take full advantage of the opportunity in many imaginative ways.

I take it you did not actually wrestle with him. Why didn't you ask HIM about this unusual request? He's the only person in the universe who knows EXACTLY what he meant.

Sorry Tony, I should've clarified my post a little better. This is a man I've known for almost 2 years, and we used to be in a relationship. We're just friends now,and it wasn't wrestling in the sense of the WWF - nothing harmful at all. With this clarification, maybe you can give a more objective answer.

If you didn't know this man very well, he's pretty sick. If he was someone you've known for a month or two, he was just kidding around with you. Couples often act playfully and "wrestle" with each other but not in the real wrestling sense of the word. I have never wrestled with a female before but if a lady submitted to such activity, you can bet I would take full advantage of the opportunity in many imaginative ways. I take it you did not actually wrestle with him. Why didn't you ask HIM about this unusual request? He's the only person in the universe who knows EXACTLY what he meant.
David Gevert

Well, to be sure, "mixed wrestling" (i.e., mixed sex wrestling) is not a fetish that's completely unheard of.

And Tony, get a clue..."sick"? People all tend to have their unique interests, and fetishes, if you will. Are you so damned judgmental to think you have the right to be the judge of what is disgusting and what is not for OTHER PEOPLE?

What exactly do you mean by "wrestling" then? If he wanted to toss you in the air, throw you around a bit, and bang your body against the walls/floor, then I do agree with Tony, that is pretty weird.

But you said it wasn't like the WWF kind.

So the only form of "wrestling" between two people of the opposite sex (that I can think of) would be just playing around, chasing each other around the room, or rolling around on the floor together.

I've seen this happen when my friends and I are hanging out at someone's place. Some guy will "attack" his girlfriend, and playfully pin her down, hold back her arms, tickle her, try to cop a cheap feel, or pick her up and carry her around the room, etc etc. And it is usually VERY close and very intimate, and can lead to some clothes being "ripped off" or it sometimes progresses into the bedroom.

But then again, you said that "nothing went on as far as intimacy". And this usually happens without a guy making prior arrangements and telling the girl that he wants to wrestle. Not smooth at all.

So I'm confused. How could it NOT be intimate? What EXACTLY did you two do??? Did he call you up and ask, would you like to come over and wrestle? Was it a serious wrestling match or a fooling-around-rolling-on-the-floor-makeout session?

I don't think I answered your post in the WWF sense of the word. If I had, I would have asked which of the two of you were able to fake the best.

I love the WWF. Have you ever been to a wrestling match in person. I mean it's more fake than spray-on snow for Christmas Trees. I think it's the funniest thing to watch grown men fake hitting each other in the groin, fake body slams, etc. It is hilarious.

If I had though he suggested you wrestle in the WWF sense of the world, I would have recommended the two of you get married.

Meanwhile, my answer pretty much stands...except for the sick part. I think you need to ask him why he wanted to wrestle and/or what he meant by that request.

YOU ASK: "Are you so damned judgmental to think you have the right to be the judge of what is disgusting and what is not for OTHER PEOPLE?"

I was actually thinking this was a guy she had just met. Any guy who would want to wrestle, playfully or WWF style, with a female he just met is SICK...SICK, SICK, SICK (in my opinion).

Now I find out she's known him for two years. Suddenly he wants to wrestle???

Yes, I am damned judgemental...but I wouldn't hurt a flea...promise.

I would agree if this had been someone I just met, and he wanted to wrestle - that it would've been sick behavior. And, yes, Tony, I have watched WWF, it is a hoot.

As far as him calling me us and asking me to come over and wrestle - that didn't happen.It wasn't rough or anything,mostly just playful. Like I said, we had been in a relationship in the past, and are just friends now. I guess I kind of wondered if this was just his way of maybe touching again without being intimate? We were laughing the entire time.

Hope this helps clarify some of what I wrote. Maybe my question should've been more along the line of was this his way of touching me again without being obvious?

I don't think I answered your post in the WWF sense of the word. If I had, I would have asked which of the two of you were able to fake the best. I love the WWF. Have you ever been to a wrestling match in person. I mean it's more fake than spray-on snow for Christmas Trees. I think it's the funniest thing to watch grown men fake hitting each other in the groin, fake body slams, etc. It is hilarious.

If I had though he suggested you wrestle in the WWF sense of the world, I would have recommended the two of you get married. Meanwhile, my answer pretty much stands...except for the sick part. I think you need to ask him why he wanted to wrestle and/or what he meant by that request.

It sounds like a lot of fun to me. Why be so analytical about it. If you laughed and had fun, that's all that counts. Don't try to put so much meaning into it. Only time will tell if he's trying to get back with you. And if that's what you want, you need to send some encouraging signals. If that's not what you want, you need to send those signals as well.

I don't see any particular significance to this wrestling thing. It was just a fun experience. As I said, you'll only know in time if this behavior was meant to send a message.

I think a wrestling situation would be a nice way of touching somebody, yes, and in many places. But there are tons more romantic and playful ways of touching. The wrestling thing sounds a bit extreme and obvious. If he'd have put his arm around you or held your hand, you wouldn't have had nearly the curiosity...I don't think.

Tony, yes I do want to get back with him, and that's why I was analyzing the wrestling. Wondering if that was his way of sending a signal or not. He didn't hold my hand or put his arm around me - except he hugged me a couple of times. He knows I want to get back together, but, I told him it would have to be "baby steps" in doing so. We had a lot of issues that we both had to deal with and work on within ourselves. And,it has been a year since we saw each other.

I guess you can see why I analyzed the wrestling so much.

And, yes it was FUN!!!

I did ask him when I left if he wanted to see me again. He said, yes, if I'm around. I came back with - so do you think you might be square? Then laughed and left.

Things were somewhat awkward between us at first,and that's why I was analyzing the wrestling, if it was a signal or not. Thanks for your input.

Oh yes, I know from reading all the posts here, that most of the time you and others advise to just move on, and that a second time around doesn't work. I disagree somewhat with that, because I believe that if each deals with and overcomes what caused the breakup in the first place, that it can be better the second time around. But, only if both have grown and learned from those mistakes, and put what they have learned into practice.

It sounds like a lot of fun to me. Why be so analytical about it. If you laughed and had fun, that's all that counts. Don't try to put so much meaning into it. Only time will tell if he's trying to get back with you. And if that's what you want, you need to send some encouraging signals. If that's not what you want, you need to send those signals as well. I don't see any particular significance to this wrestling thing. It was just a fun experience. As I said, you'll only know in time if this behavior was meant to send a message. I think a wrestling situation would be a nice way of touching somebody, yes, and in many places. But there are tons more romantic and playful ways of touching. The wrestling thing sounds a bit extreme and obvious. If he'd have put his arm around you or held your hand, you wouldn't have had nearly the curiosity...I don't think.

It sounds like he just wanted some physical action any way he could get it. He was looking for a sport with body contact.

Here's a question for you guys. I was with a man this weekend, and he wanted to wrestle. Nothing else went on as far as intimacy, etc.

I was just curious if this is normal behavior, or what? Come on guys - fess up. Let me in on this. Thanks