What should I do?

sthrnbelle25nc

A close guy friend of mine accidentally texted me today something that was intended for his girlfriend.  It was an intimate text with some words, it completely surprised me.  I’m not sure if he realizes what he did yet but he has not sent anything else and I have not texted him back because I don’t know what to say or do.  He is a good friend but I admit that I liked the text and I know I shouldn’t 

SincereOnlineGuy

Do exactly nothing.

IF that doesn't sound right... then write-out for yourself a script of everything you'd say, and to whom you'd say it.

How about you walk up to her... and say:   

"Hi, I dunno if you know this, but Jimmy wants to put his _________ down your __________ until you ___________ "

Just consider your many alternatives and then don't do a thing.

If you wish to get in line to be his next girlfriend, then do so quietly.

• Author
sthrnbelle25nc
5 hours ago, basil67 said:

I'd respond back with a wink and "I think this was for someone else"

This is probably the least awkward way to respond.  I don’t want to make him feel embarrassed or anything but I also want him to know that it didn’t go to the right person.  Thank you basil67!

• Like 1
simpycurious
44 minutes ago, sthrnbelle25nc said:

This is probably the least awkward way to respond.  I don’t want to make him feel embarrassed or anything but I also want him to know that it didn’t go to the right person.  Thank you basil67!

I would probably just do nothing.  If the message was meant for his GF then I am sure he will feel awkward knowing that he sent it to you.  

SincereOnlineGuy
9 hours ago, simpycurious said:

I would probably just do nothing.  If the message was meant for his GF then I am sure he will feel awkward knowing that he sent it to you.  

"... awkward being reminded that he sent it to you."

SincereOnlineGuy
9 hours ago, sthrnbelle25nc said:

This is probably the least awkward way to respond.  

right!    That is why no response at all is a much better alternative.

Most people have an ongoing text conversation with a partner, which means they don't bring up a new text convo every time they send a message. Unless your name starts with the same letter as his girlfriend, or he's got bad eyesight and didn't have his glasses, I'd suspect he did it on purpose to see what your reaction is. I'd send no response at all and wait to see if he acknowledges the 'mistake'. 

• Like 2
  • Author
sthrnbelle25nc
25 minutes ago, MsJayne said:

Most people have an ongoing text conversation with a partner, which means they don't bring up a new text convo every time they send a message. Unless your name starts with the same letter as his girlfriend, or he's got bad eyesight and didn't have his glasses, I'd suspect he did it on purpose to see what your reaction is. I'd send no response at all and wait to see if he acknowledges the 'mistake'. 

After thinking about it I still haven’t sent a response.  The same thing went through my head.  Like this is not a ‘mistake’ that is just made, especially when sending what he sent.  Ugh 

• Like 1
simpycurious
1 hour ago, sthrnbelle25nc said:

After thinking about it I still haven’t sent a response.  The same thing went through my head.  Like this is not a ‘mistake’ that is just made, especially when sending what he sent.  Ugh 

Can you say what the text said?  Not to revealing or explicit of course but maybe in GENERAL?

• Author
sthrnbelle25nc
26 minutes ago, simpycurious said:

Can you say what the text said?  Not to revealing or explicit of course but maybe in GENERAL?

Well it was a picture which was the explicit part and it said ‘you said you cannot get this out of your mind so I figured I’d make it a bit more difficult for you’

simpycurious
5 minutes ago, sthrnbelle25nc said:

Well it was a picture which was the explicit part and it said ‘you said you cannot get this out of your mind so I figured I’d make it a bit more difficult for you’

Classy move to say the least....

• Author
sthrnbelle25nc
Just now, simpycurious said:

Classy move to say the least....

Yeah, I’m guessing it was an attempt to be funny or cute with his girlfriend or some kind of joke they had going on but who knows 

I just took a look at my "sent" file and it clearly tells who I sent the message to. If he checks his he's going to know. In fact, I wonder if he doesn't know already. Are you entertaining the notion this was a an "accident" under the heading of "plausible deniability?"

• Author
sthrnbelle25nc
2 hours ago, schlumpy said:

I just took a look at my "sent" file and it clearly tells who I sent the message to. If he checks his he's going to know. In fact, I wonder if he doesn't know already. Are you entertaining the notion this was a an "accident" under the heading of "plausible deniability?"

He may already know for sure but I don’t know.  I think that is definitely a possibility. 

manfrombelow2

Nothing. 

As a guy myself, this smells fishy.

There's a high chance he did that on purpose to gauge your attention and emotion before planning his next "moves".

Anyway, if you dig him too, you can compliment his dong and the two of you can start mating. But hey that's a big IF.

He sent the text on purpose.  He is, in an indirect way, trying to gauge your interest in him.  I can  clearly see in my sent folders who a message is sent to.  He's too shy or embarrassed to speak to the matter. 

If he has a GF, dont respond in any way to the message.  That tells him this "thing" he has for you won't be going anywhere.

Best to respond by saying you think it was intended for his GF.

You're complicating this by envisioning the text actually being for you rather than his GF. Unfortunately for you, the most likely explanation would be an honest mistake. Followed by some kind of dare.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
MoodyNights

Well that's a tricky one...  Basically there are two hypothesis as to why he sent you this text and two possibilities for you to react:

1) he didn't send it to you on purpose and it was really intended for his GF

2) for whatever reason (bored, drunk, horny, daring, playing, you get the gist) he did send you this text on purpose

What you could do:

1) not react at all and pretend nothing happened

2) answering his text

On 3/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, sthrnbelle25nc said:

I admit that I liked the text and I know I shouldn’t 

Is that the text in itself you enjoyed (erotic pictures and/or words tend to make us most human beings sexually aroused, and you seem to be no exception), or the fact that this guy might have send it especially to you (meaning that you may have a crush/sexual desire for him)?

Now this guy already has a GF and you don't seem to be willing to mess with his relationship nor embarrass him. This being said, if I were you and willing to know his true intentions I would just text back something very short along the lines of: "Sorry I think this wasn't meant for me" and just sit back and wait. From my experience guys don't tend to be very talkative message-wise unless they really want something from a girl, so if he doesn't text you back that means it wasn't meant for you and you should never talk about it again (mistakes can happen after all). If he texts you back well, it's another story - and from that point and the contents of his answer it's up to you to decide what to do next depending on your feelings.

Edited by MoodyNights