The most disgusting thing about OLD....

Backinthesaddleagain

3 hours ago, Trail Blazer said:

If that's what you believe then you've lived a very sheltered life.

When it comes to women I don't have much experience

Trail Blazer
10 minutes ago, max3732 said:

When it comes to women I don't have much experience

Sure.  However, your world view is subsumed by a sermingly lack of life experience in general, not just with regards to women.  A fatal flaw is to assume the world works only the way you've perceived it to work.  

Newsflash!  It's not the 1950s anymore!  The sexual revolution happened half a century ago, and since then, up to and including the advent of OLD, people have been openly seeking courtship from the opposite sex for myriad reasons which don't necessarily include monogamy.

I don't know how old you are or your background; if you've been brought up in a conservative (religious) environment where people meet only for the purposes you've always believed - perhaps you really do believe the world works that way...  

Here's the thing; it doesn't.  So, unless you specifically state what your intentions are, then nobody will know.  The fact that you've been asked, yet still assumed that it was the fault of the user at the other end for not knowing, is staggering.

I'm sorry for being condescending, but seriously man... I'm blown away that you have never fathomed that Tinder of all places is hardly the ideal dating app to find Mrs. Max, because, by your own admission, that would be the only reason anyone would ever date.

Gr8fuln2020

I remember the days where POF was a half-way decent dating app with more serious than non-serious profiles. Now it is gutted with fake profiles and POF-plants to try to entice unsuspecting daters to buy their products. OKC too. eH is a little better, but you still have the moles in that app as well. It is what it is. My account was deleted multiple times from POF for no known reason. One day I have a profile, the next, cannot access it, the profile does not exist or deleted. Why? It is so simple to report a profile and claim whatever you like and the organization will find a reason to delete your profile. No evidence needed. No questions asked.

What is the most disgusting thing....OLD sites that have allowed and created false profiles to flourish and manipulate users. The number of people NOT ready to find a relationship for whatever reason making it more difficult for those of us who are.

• Shocked 1
13 hours ago, Trail Blazer said:

Sure.  However, your world view is subsumed by a sermingly lack of life experience in general, not just with regards to women.  A fatal flaw is to assume the world works only the way you've perceived it to work.  

Newsflash!  It's not the 1950s anymore!  The sexual revolution happened half a century ago, and since then, up to and including the advent of OLD, people have been openly seeking courtship from the opposite sex for myriad reasons which don't necessarily include monogamy.

I don't know how old you are or your background; if you've been brought up in a conservative (religious) environment where people meet only for the purposes you've always believed - perhaps you really do believe the world works that way...  

Here's the thing; it doesn't.  So, unless you specifically state what your intentions are, then nobody will know.  The fact that you've been asked, yet still assumed that it was the fault of the user at the other end for not knowing, is staggering.

I'm sorry for being condescending, but seriously man... I'm blown away that you have never fathomed that Tinder of all places is hardly the ideal dating app to find Mrs. Max, because, by your own admission, that would be the only reason anyone would ever date.

I don't want to put my exact age, but I'm under 40 and I do have friends of the opposite sex around my age, but some of them are married and others have boyfriends or are people I'm not interested in romantically. Are you saying that a lot of people on Tinder are into polygamy?

Cookiesandough
Just now, max3732 said:

I don't want to put my exact age, but I'm under 40 and I do have friends of the opposite sex around my age, but some of them are married and others have boyfriends or are people I'm not interested in romantically. Are you saying that a lot of people on Tinder are into polygamy?

You didn’t ask me, but people do find their matches there. IIt started as the hetero response to Grindr, a gay hookup app and It allows 100 or so characters to describe  yourself because that’s really all most need. It’s all about attraction to the photos and Ive heard lots of people just looking for sex. BUT it has the benefit of a wider net.  I imagine lot of female profiles there  are fake because there is money to be had and it’s extremely low effort to make profiles there. No one really gives it any thought.. Watch out for people soliciting their social media or camming or really anything outside of  getting to know each other and meeting for a date. 

Gr8fuln2020
29 minutes ago, max3732 said:

Don't you polyAMORY? Not polygamy? :D

• Author
Backinthesaddleagain

Alright everyone, just an update of sorts. I met someone! Yay! Thanks to all for your advice and support (I went ahead and paid for a subscription on Match to help me find more quality people), and it worked! I probably won't be on here much anymore, but who knows what the future brings?

Thanks again to everyone, and good luck out there! :) 

BITSA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Backinthesaddleagain said:

Alright everyone, just an update of sorts. I met someone! Yay! Thanks to all for your advice and support (I went ahead and paid for a subscription on Match to help me find more quality people), and it worked! I probably won't be on here much anymore, but who knows what the future brings?

BITSA

That is cool! Good luck!!!!! 🍀

• Thanks 1

BITSA

You matched/chatted ONLINE or you PHYSICALLY met already? 

• Thanks 1
  • Author
Backinthesaddleagain
11 minutes ago, dangerous said:

You matched/chatted ONLINE or you PHYSICALLY met already? 

Online only so far considering current circumstances. Lots of texting, and phone call. We are both smitten. It is too early to tell, but it just feels right. We have a ton of things in common and are on the same page and pace with texts and communication. I'm really hoping it works out, but you never know. 

• Like 3
Cookiesandough

In before catfished 

just kidding ! I’m happy for you and hope it works out 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

You didn’t ask me, but people do find their matches there. IIt started as the hetero response to Grindr, a gay hookup app and It allows 100 or so characters to describe  yourself because that’s really all most need. It’s all about attraction to the photos and Ive heard lots of people just looking for sex. BUT it has the benefit of a wider net.  I imagine lot of female profiles there  are fake because there is money to be had and it’s extremely low effort to make profiles there. No one really gives it any thought.. Watch out for people soliciting their social media or camming or really anything outside of  getting to know each other and meeting for a date. 

The thing is I've actually met people using every app except Tinder. Usually while I'm on hold or something I'll just swipe through tons of profiles and there are people saying "teach me English" or "I'm not on here much... follow me on SC/Instagram" or things like "are you smart enough to find my email on one of the pictures"? There are a ton of profiles that are hundreds o miles away and aren't even in English.

So many scams and fakes I just wonder if there is any value. I just figure if there's one person I there I'd match with its worth investing in the time.

Is there a better app?

• Thanks 1
Trail Blazer
3 hours ago, max3732 said:

No, I'm simply saying that many on Tinder (as well as other dating apps) are not looking for a serious relationship.  They're looking to hook up. 

So, when someone asks what you're looking for, now you ought not be confused as to why the question popped up.  Marriage and children isn't everyone's deal.

1 minute ago, Trail Blazer said:

No, I'm simply saying that many on Tinder (as well as other dating apps) are not looking for a serious relationship.  They're looking to hook up. 

So, when someone asks what you're looking for, now you ought not be confused as to why the question popped up.  Marriage and children isn't everyone's deal.

What do you mean by "hook up"? 

Trail Blazer
2 minutes ago, max3732 said:

What do you mean by "hook up"? 

Are you serious, dude?

Cookiesandough
6 minutes ago, max3732 said:

The thing is I've actually met people using every app except Tinder. Usually while I'm on hold or something I'll just swipe through tons of profiles and there are people saying "teach me English" or "I'm not on here much... follow me on SC/Instagram" or things like "are you smart enough to find my email on one of the pictures"? There are a ton of profiles that are hundreds o miles away and aren't even in English.

So many scams and fakes I just wonder if there is any value. I just figure if there's one person I there I'd match with its worth investing in the time.

Is there a better app?

To me, just about every app is better. Maybe try bumble? Idk I was on Tinder once, never again. I don’t like connotation ... I didn’t really like how ‘fast paced’ it was. It cuts the fat out of dating , but I happen to like some of those elements. I one of my ex bf on there and tbh he was the neediest person I’ve ever met. I like OkCupid and it’s the only app I use. I like being able to see more details about people like what they are looking for bc I am not looking for anything serious. I like to see religious affiliation and all that stuff. It just helps filter. 

4 minutes ago, Trail Blazer said:

Are you serious, dude?

Like you want to date but aren't ready to get married or you just meet at someone's place to have sex or it's some kind of sugar daddy thing?

1 minute ago, Cookiesandough said:

To me, just about every app is better. Maybe try bumble? Idk I was on Tinder once, never again. I don’t like connotation ... I didn’t really like how ‘fast paced’ it was. It cuts the fat out of dating , but I happen to like some of those elements. I one of my ex bf on there and tbh he was the neediest person I’ve ever met. I like OkCupid and it’s the only app I use. I like being able to see more details about people like what they are looking for bc I am not looking for anything serious. I like to see religious affiliation and all that stuff. It just helps filter. 

Did you pay for the OkCupid membership or use the free one? I like to see all that bio stuff too. 

Trail Blazer
4 minutes ago, max3732 said:

Like you want to date but aren't ready to get married or you just meet at someone's place to have sex or it's some kind of sugar daddy thing?

Hooking up is generally considered to be a low commitment type of arrangement which can vary from a one night stand to a casual, short-term relationship, with physical intimacy being the main component.

Edited by Trail Blazer
Gr8fuln2020

Online only so far considering current circumstances. Lots of texting, and phone call. We are both smitten. It is too early to tell, but it just feels right. We have a ton of things in common and are on the same page and pace with texts and communication. I'm really hoping it works out, but you never know. 

Then you have FAR from met anyone. :) Sorry, so much can happen between now and then and until you meet, not a person to be TOO excited about. People always say things like OLD is not real, well, it isn't if you don't ever meet the person physically. After you meet, it's as real as any other dating now days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Author
Backinthesaddleagain
Just now, Gr8fuln2020 said:

Then you have FAR from met anyone. :) Sorry, so much can happen between now and then and until you meet, not a person to be TOO excited about. People always say things like OLD is not real, well, it isn't if you don't ever meet the person physically. After you meet, it's as real as any other dating now days.

Thanks a lot Betty Buzzkill! Haha, I know the drill. I've been down this road a few times. Something feels different about this one though. Time will tell, I will come back to give you guys an update.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Gr8fuln2020
5 minutes ago, Backinthesaddleagain said:

Thanks a lot Betty Buzzkill! Haha, I know the drill. I've been down this road a few times. Something feels different about this one though. Time will tell, I will come back to give you guys an update.  

Yup. I know it was a downer, but just wanted to make certain you remained in the real world and steady... good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Backinthesaddleagain said:

Seriously? Good luck with that. I have had Passion with a capital P online, but when we met.... nothing.

Real world is what counts, Virtual is just that.

Seriously, keep feet on the ground.

• Thanks 2
  • Author
Backinthesaddleagain
14 minutes ago, dangerous said:

Seriously? Good luck with that. I have had Passion with a capital P online, but when we met.... nothing.

Real world is what counts, Virtual is just that.

Seriously, keep feet on the ground.

I hear this loud and clear. But for some reason I have a gut feeling about this one. If it doesn't work out, I will be just fine however. I'm a big boy :)

• Thanks 1