How is your relationship in isolation?

2 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

I don't really care if her butt gets bigger, as long as I can get her into her Dodge on June 1st. 

😂 

Seriously though, I hope you two can maybe go back to the way things were in happier times. Is that the plan? Or are you so disillusioned now that you’re thinking of just moving on? 

Happy Lemming
1 hour ago, K.K. said:

😂 

I hope you two can maybe go back to the way things were in happier times. Is that the plan?

We're fine... we aren't going to break up.  We'll definitely resume our day trips and travels once this pandemic is over or they have a vaccine. 

We just figured out that we shouldn't live together, which is fine.  We are both "too set in our ways", especially me.

• Like 1
amaysngrace

My guy came by yesterday for first time since Saturday when my daughter found out she’s covid.  

I was just finishing up mowing and weed-whacking my dustbowl yard.   He didn’t seem to mind though.  He still gave me a hug and a kiss which he says was the whole purpose of him stopping by 😍

• Like 1

We are both working regularly outside the home, so nothing has changed. I wish we could stay home and have some time off together but we need the money anyway. We are lucky in that case. Although his work doesn’t allow overtime during Covid so our income has been less. Mine allows overtime but I only care to do an extra shift about once a week if that.

Edited by bubbletea
Happy Lemming

The countdown continues...

9 days until girlfriend goes home to her apartment.

I found some "Wild Rice" rice-a-roni in the back of my pantry.  This is one of her favorite side dishes, so I packed it in a box along with some other dry goods for her to take with her. 

Happy Lemming

The countdown continues... 8 days left.

My girlfriend told me she is worried about getting lonely and bored in her small apartment.  I told her she can still e-mail and call me and that she'll be fine.

I think she was hinting for me to change my mind and ask her to stay past June 1st...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Happy Lemming said:

The countdown continues... 8 days left.

My girlfriend told me she is worried about getting lonely and bored in her small apartment.  I told her she can still e-mail and call me and that she'll be fine.

I think she was hinting for me to change my mind and ask her to stay past June 1st...

Don’t give in, HL! 💪

• Like 2
Happy Lemming
9 minutes ago, Minneloa said:

Don’t give in, HL! 💪

I won't... She'll be fine in her apartment, she won't like it, but it won't kill her. 

I'm sending her home with food, soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper and some DVD's from my collection.  She'll survive.

• Like 1

The guy I had been seeing for a few months prior to the lockdown (and had been friends with for 6 months prior to the switch to "dating") and I only had contact by phone/text for 8 weeks.  He spent a lot of that time fishing in remote areas.  As of last weekend it seems we're back to seeing each other in person every weekend (the weekdays are too busy for me right now with work).  

His late wife died 18 months ago so between that and my own need to overcome resistance to being vulnerable enough for a real relationship again, I don't know where things will go.  Of course no one ever does.  The lockdown may actually be improving our chances of making things work since there are fewer distractions.  The isolation has given us both a lot of time to think.  

Happy Lemming

7 days left... I'm going to make it, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, it isn't that far off.

Come on June 1st.

Happy Lemming

6 days left... I've been catching myself staring at the calendar and re-counting each day.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

It was a rocky weekend, but he approached me this morning to apologize, to actually say the words "I'm sorry." Wow! That's big progress.

Happy Lemming

5 days left... I find myself hiding in my home office more and more, while girlfriend spends time in the living room watching TV. 

The less time we are in the same room, the better.

2 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

5 days left... I find myself hiding in my home office more and more, while girlfriend spends time in the living room watching TV. 

The less time we are in the same room, the better.

I find this so sad.  🙁  

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
5 minutes ago, clia said:

I find this so sad.  🙁  

It's good that we found out we can't live together, at least we now know (before the pain and expense of moving in together, as was planned in the Fall).

Our relationship is still good, we're both just too "set in our ways" to live under the same roof.

It's all good.

• Like 2
Happy Lemming

Last day.... in approximately 24 hours, I"ll be loading my girlfriend's car up with supplies, clean laundry, etc. and sending her home.

HL , sorry man but you sound like her mother does she actually do anything for herself.

Anyway , not long now.

Edited by chillii
2 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

Last day.... in approximately 24 hours, I"ll be loading my girlfriend's car up with supplies, clean laundry, etc. and sending her home.

Theres probably a lot of relief, but also maybe some bittersweet feelings mixed in today, Happy. You’ve been really kind to your girlfriend. She’s lucky she has you. So many well wishes to you both! 🙂 

On 5/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, Happy Lemming said:

We're fine... we aren't going to break up.  We'll definitely resume our day trips and travels once this pandemic is over or they have a vaccine. 

We just figured out that we shouldn't live together, which is fine.  We are both "too set in our ways", especially me

good that you have reached agreement on that without falling out.

not sure really how living together might work out in my case, willing to give it a try but unlikely to happen until 2021 now.

11 hours ago, K.K. said:

Theres probably a lot of relief, but also maybe some bittersweet feelings mixed in today, Happy. You’ve been really kind to your girlfriend. She’s lucky she has you. So many well wishes to you both! 🙂 

Got it , he's just making sure she has no reason on this earth to not get in the car or even worse, turn around and come back.

13 minutes ago, chillii said:

Got it , he's just making sure she has no reason on this earth to not get in the car or even worse, turn around and come back.

Well... I was just trying to be nice about it. What. 

• Author

Our relationship is doing great. We survived a hurricane, a pandemic and riots happening not too far from us together so we are rock solid. When everything returns to normal and we can go out and live again I am taking her on the best vacation I can possibly give her. This Sting song If I every lose my faith describes how I feel towards her. I might live in a world where everything is falling apart but I am thankful everyday to share my life with somebody so rock solid and true. 

• Like 2