What are you doing these days?

I’m still working, on my time off I walk the dog, cook, clean and buy groceries, today is my day off and a friend down the road needed a phone charger, so I went and dropped one off on her doorstep. 

major_merrick

I've been tending my kids and I've spent a lot of time in the shop working on my cars.  Keeps me busy, although I miss going to temple and I miss racing. 

Fletch Lives

I need to get that gas stabilizer. Maybe I'll also let the car idle for a half hour every other day to burn some fuel.

When I go out I wear gloves.

Happy Lemming
2 hours ago, Fletch Lives said:

I need to get that gas stabilizer.

The brand I use is "Sta-bil".

If you can't find it locally, it is on ebay.

• Author

One thing I was pleased with at this time , I am unlikely to be gambling at all with horse racing cancelled,

however I notice that American horse racing is continuing uninhibited,

will I be tempted to play on this- not yet but maybe will find it hard to resist at some point 🤔

simpycurious
29 minutes ago, Foxhall said:

One thing I was pleased with at this time , I am unlikely to be gambling at all with horse racing cancelled,

however I notice that American horse racing is continuing uninhibited,

will I be tempted to play on this- not yet but maybe will find it hard to resist at some point 🤔

LOL.....that's a novel way to look at things Fox.  You are not gambling as much. That was funny 

Lots of pals with home gyms are busy getting ripped so I guess you find your "rainbow" wherever you can...this is the first day

I am genuinely bored.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

I just cut my own hair, basically followed the existing layers. It looks pretty good to me. I'll see if it looks wonky in the back once it dries.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
simpycurious
1 hour ago, Ruby Slippers said:

I just cut my own hair, basically followed the existing layers. It looks pretty good to me. I'll see if it looks wonky in the back once it dries.

That takes talent...I could never cut all of my hair not nearly talented enough for that.  Well done Ruby.

• Thanks 1
Ruby Slippers

Thanks! Next up is my boyfriend's hair. His is much easier to cut, especially if he picks up his trimmer from his place. 

• Like 1

l'm still working but l work at home, outside though not office stuff , from the yard and workshop. Got big double gates and l usually have closed for privacy but this last wk l leave them open to purposely let some of the world in, helps break the strangeness of all this up a bit , people are still walking past with dogs or getting some exercise , cars and stuff, few chicks on horses , gf wonders in and out from the house , the people cross the road have a fair bit of land and big veggie gardens and they're often out and and around tending the veggies or working round the property so it helps .

Doing my last job though this week so we'll probably just have a holiday from there around the house and property, lot's of movies and sleeping in haha, might do a few reno's too , if l'm cashed up enough buy some goodies haha , everyone's gone into delivering to the door now so can't wait to test that out. gf suppose to be flying back 12th next mth though but we don't know whether they'll still be flying here or maybe we're in it for the long haul which would be nice, we see.

simpycurious
2 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

Thanks! Next up is my boyfriend's hair. His is much easier to cut, especially if he picks up his trimmer from his place. 

I am too particular about my hair...lol

I am gonna have to BRIBE my "lady" to come to the house to cut mine but I applaud you for being industrious Ruby.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

One of my workmates has cut her own hair too, it looks really good. One of our other workmates used to be a hairdresser and thinks she did a great job too.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

My boyfriend put together the home elliptical machine I bought a while back and it sucks 😕

I'll try to return it but I have a feeling the deadline may have passed. 

5 hours ago, mrs rubble said:

One of my workmates has cut her own hair too, it looks really good. One of our other workmates used to be a hairdresser and thinks she did a great job too.

Just noticed your thing says the most beautiful little country in the world. God l'd love to feel like that about my country , would you mind saying which country , no probs if not.

Thought you must've been the US with a name like mrs rubble isn't tha from some US show or something.

Sorry , sorta answered this one twice , got it mixed up with another one , lucky my posts are so riveting right,  yawn

amaysngrace

I finally completed my 2020 Census today. One day ahead of the deadline.

It was quick and I did it from my phone.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
19 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

Next up is my boyfriend's hair.

Speaking of hair... My girlfriend told me if she is going to be using "Zoom" for communication, I need to dye her hair as the gray is starting to show too much.

I didn't argue, just ordered her color (Clairol Nice and Easy) off of ebay.  I've dyed her hair in the past (to save money), so its no problem.  When it arrives; I'll get rid of the gray for her and maybe trim up the ends.

Personally, I've been cutting my own hair with clippers since 2012.  My Russian Barber lady fell ill and could no longer cut my hair.  I tried to find a replacement barber, but to no avail.  So I taught myself how to do my modified flat top that I like.  I've saved some money, as well.

• Like 2
LivingWaterPlease

Wow, had no idea what gas stabilizer was until a couple months ago when I came home from the store and a  little bottle of gas stabilizer I didn't buy was in the bag with my other purchases! Have meant to take it back and forgot which store it came from. I think it came from Home Depot but why would they have gas stabilizer there? Wondering if someone shopped somewhere else and by some freak thing the stabilizer dropped into a bag I used for my purchases?

Anyway, I'm going to drive out into the country and leave a birthday gift on a friend's patio. It's gorgeous here so since it's out in the country we could visit from a distance!

Other than that, my life is close to normal. I have two projects going that I can work on from home and am often in my home work area, anyway.

Schedule: Get coffee and lemon/ginger water to drink. Have devotions. Exercise. Work and house chores intertwined all day. Sometimes exercise later in day. It's gorgeous outside!

Also, a group from high school, all long-distance from each other as it was a boarding school, are meeting up with Zoom each night, hosted by our class sponsor. It's fun and great to see those we rarely see otherwise.

I miss visiting with my grandkids. Was texting with one of my sweets yesterday as I was heading to the grocery store. She wanted me to check and see if they had toilet paper. Ten-years-old, lives in another state and had toilet paper on her mind! Need to check with her parent to see if they have toilet paper in their house!

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
superfluous word

Happy, I just ordered hair dye, too, from Target.  I got two boxes.  I don't even want to look at myself with my hair out of sorts.  I hope it ships.  I had to make it a big enough order, so I ordered some costume jewelry.  Probably stupid on the budget, but it will be the highlight of my week when I get it, if it ships.  My happiness is worth something.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I'm hanging in there with all that's going on the best I can, but right now, I could use some sleep. No doubt I'll be quite busy in the next two days. 

RecentChange

Despite the fact we are now in week three of shelter in place (and just extended to May 1st), so far my life feels pretty much the same.

I am working from home instead of the office and I have been very busy (worked till 7:30 pm yesterday, back at it at 6:30 this morning).

Like usual, each evening after work I go ride my horse (luckily it's a permitted exception).

I don't have any more free time than usual, but last weekend manage to plant some tomateos and herbs. I am also doing more intensive cooking as I can prep things during the day etc. 

I have always been more of an introvert while I describe my husband as an "extreme extrovert" - weekend social plans were usually just a matter of tagging along with him. He's going a little stir crazy, been having Zoom chats with the boys etc - but I am just fine.

I am well suited to this, never knew I would be an expert on social distance 😅

4 hours ago, alphamale said:

i'm going to go out and get some lunch, do i hear ARBYS??  yes, i do

5 beef sandwiches=$10 according to their ad