Found Tinder on My Girlfriends Phone

Alright, a few things:

- You can not "hide" apps on your stock Android system the way you can on a PC. You CAN choose to not display them on the home screen but you cannot hide them from Settings>Apps.

- The only way you can hide apps from Settings is by downloading a custom launcher or flashing a custom ROM on your device. Presumably if she is going to go to all that trouble, she would have to be exceptionally stupid to leave the notifications on. So I think it is safe to say that you were just looking in the wrong place for the app and there was no "hiding" going on.

- Why she has Tinder, I cannot say. Most people are really bad at cleaning up their phones, but 3 years is a long time to not be changing a phone, so it does sound like she downloaded it after you got together. Although, it is possible that she just did a full system sync after getting a new phone and therefore all her old apps were automatically transferred over.

Maybe just talk to her about this.

Edited by Elswyth
  • Like 2
CAPSLOCK BANDIT

If she has any travel plans in the near future, you should set your location to wherever that would be; this seems to be the strats these days, for a woman to set her Tinder location to wherever she is going to travel like a month prior and find a good boy toy to wine and dine her.

• Like 1

If you think it is Tinder, then it is. Legally, if anyone made an app where the icon even remotely looked like Tinders' they would get a lawsuit on themselves pretty quick.  As far as snooping goes, don't let anyone here or anywhere else try to guilt you into not doing it if you really feel the need to do so. Maybe I'm just channeling my avatar, old Palpatine there on the left,  but I personally would not hesitate to expend whatever technological measures I would need to use to get to the truth. Even if it meant calling in a few dark favors from men with so souls...  I figure if someone is doing me dirty, I have a right to start a s***storm... 

• Like 2
On 4/20/2020 at 12:36 PM, preraph said:

If she doesn't even have the app, I wouldn't worry about it.  Could be left over from a long time ago or something.  Chill.  

The notifications are new, her account is active. Notifications end when you remove/delete the app. 

Sweetness85

Okay ive been a victim to the damn running/water app its a flame that looks JUST like tinder that gives notification reminders to drink water. If its not tinder its this, my bf at the time didnt believe me until i showed him! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/21/2020 at 4:54 AM, missingmybaby said:

Like i said it was something inside that drew me to look at her phone once i heard the ping of a different notification.

that's called distrust.

What if it was LinkedIn?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, kendahke said:

What if it was LinkedIn?

You'll be surprised. This reminded me of my cousin. She found out that newly married husband was chatting up girls on LinkedIn, flirting, and making promises to take them out, etc. He did this when he was on honeymoon with my cousin, and was sending pictures of the country he had taken during their honeymoon to them. These girls apparently did not know he was married.

If a person wants to cheat, I'm sure they can anywhere. 

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
On 4/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, SincereOnlineGuy said:

What if she herself has been enlisted to help a girlfriend investigate that girlfriend's lover, on Tinder?

I don't have a vibe either way on this...    but be sure to cross-off all of the tangent possibilities before you explode with the accusations .

I mean, I suppose this is also possible. But while we're headed out there, let's also explore the possibility that her phone was abducted by aliens conducting a social experiment on human tinder usage and installed it on her phone and then deleted it and she had no idea. Definitely don't explode with accusations either, she will deny if she's any kind of cheater 

Edited by Cookiesandough
Emilie Jolie
On 4/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, Poutrew said:

I figure if someone is doing me dirty, I have a right to start a s***storm... 

Sure, but why?

You snoop, you find something, you confront, she denies or she confesses, breach of trust, it's bad.

Or

You snoop, you find nothing, she finds out, breach of trust, it's bad.

This RL is already irretrievably doomed, now or later, on the grounds of lack of trust, whatever goes down from now on. That is the problem. 

• Like 1
IslandSanctuary

Just talk to her about it. You dont have kids, you aren't married. Talk to her and trust your gut. If you cant talk to her about it then sorry you dont have a relationship anyway. I'd just ask my partner straight away

After 3 years...where is this relationship headed?

Is it a good relationship? Do you see a long term future for the two of you?

If not...just end it. Your friend set up a profile and didn't find anything. Yet you still have doubts. 

You have to be 100% certain about your facts before you even think about doing anything.

• Like 1
SincereOnlineGuy
On 4/21/2020 at 12:55 PM, Juha said:

If she does or does not have Tinder on her phone the relationship is over.

ROFL

That settles it then.

But, why bother even talking further with her then?

Heck, why even let her know the relationship is over ???

Doesn't the woman read loveshack????      (I mean, it must be on the OP's phone )

Gr8fuln2020
On 4/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, Mrin said:

Just a heads up for everyone. I have several dating apps installed on my phone including Tinder. My profile is hidden or down on all of them. And about once a week I receive an alert or notification from Tinder. It's usually some marketing message about turning my profile back on or that there are X number of single women in my close proximity right now. 

This can absolutely happen. Once can change the settings so you don't receive such information, if I remember correctly. But that still requires that you have the app installed. It is also possible that you may receive an ad via email with the dating symbol showing depending on your email app. But it would have the email alert sound, not one of the dating site's. It is also possible to hide your apps as someone else commented. 

After three years, it wouldn't make any sense to leave the dating app on your phone. It wouldn't make any sense after settling into a committed relationship. For me, it wouldn't make sense to have the account active. At least disable it...or simply delete the account. Just me...

It doesn't make any sense for me to leave half the rubbish that I do on my phone.  Some of us are better at tidying and updating than others ;) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
cosmicdust

Look up tinder in the app store on her phone and see if the download icon is different from an app that has never been installed before. They are different.

Interstellar

How has she treated you the past three years? has she given any indication of disloyalty or have you had any gut feelings prior to this? I would let it pass for now BUT keep my eyes open until I have something more concrete. The evidence you presented won’t hold up in court. If you have actual proof that she’s disloyal or talking and using it to find men then drop her.

Edited by Interstellar
IslandSanctuary
On 4/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, basil67 said:

And if you were mistaken about what you saw, she may well dump you over it.

The way I see it, if you are sure it was the Tinder app and she's cheating dump her.   But if you have doubt and would be sad to lose her if you are wrong, then forget about it

Any person that would dump someone over a question like  this isn't worth seeing at all. I feel sorry for you if this is 'normal' for you. 

Edited by IslandSanctuary
16 minutes ago, IslandSanctuary said:

Any person that would dump someone over a question like  this isn't worth seeing at all. I feel sorry for you if this is 'normal' for you. 

I didn't say that anyone would do anything.  I'm just pointing out the risks.  

Edited by basil67
On 4/25/2020 at 5:57 AM, Sweetness85 said:

Okay ive been a victim to the damn running/water app its a flame that looks JUST like tinder that gives notification reminders to drink water. If its not tinder its this, my bf at the time didnt believe me until i showed him! 

I’m surprised the OP  hasn’t checked this. Cos that would really be a game changer. Just as much as finding tinder. 
But yeah, really , if you trusted her you wouldn’t go through her phone at all

Tinder is trash anyways. 

Edited by Fox Sake
  • Like 3

Huawei is one of those OEM which provides hide apps options in their home screen app itself. Huawei & Honor devices come with a special gesture to hide/unhide Android apps

On 4/25/2020 at 12:57 AM, Sweetness85 said:

I just remembered . I had that app too.. I even paid by mistake yearly membership and never used it, it does look like TINDER

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 10:54 PM, Cookiesandough said:

Wow then I have some bad news for you. If you trust that you saw a notification from TINDER, it means she was playing you. She was (or still is) cheating physically or emotionally, keeping her options open, or getting validation from matching and/or chatting with other dudes which Imo is another form of cheating. If you confront her, she will most likely lie about it. 

Or she could be deleting the app when you are around and re-installing it when you are not, and just forgot to clean up before you saw it this time.  This is what my recent ex was doing with the Kik app to message a guy that it turned out she was f***ing.

• Like 1