When lockdown ends....

Redhead14
On 4/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, SumGuy said:

Going to the dog park.   Will also mean get to see my girlfriend more.  
Otherwise will be awhile before go back to a restaurant, pub, live music, art show, etc.   

Why haven't you been seeing your girlfriend? 

We've got very low numbers here and my area nothing at all for a 50k radius , was 70 but they found one case. But being a tourist area there are no tourists at the moment so hopefully it stays clean with them not coming though until God knows when again. l won't be going into any crowds for a long time yet though none the less.

38 minutes ago, Redhead14 said:

Why haven't you been seeing your girlfriend? 

I have but we had a few weeks were waited until what were likely allergies or colds passed.  Also just meeting at her place as have my kids here, again to isolate better.  
Still text and talk everyday, send each other articles, etc. and virtual dates where we watch some of our shows together.  
Neither of us are high risk, but we both know and have family that are, some very.

Before used to see each other four days a week or so, not counting vacations.  

Cornholio12

I'm going to break out that special bottle of champagne I've been saving. 

• Like 1

I would love to drink some champagne, but I guess I'm not ever supposed to now that I'm on blood thinners.  

CaliforniaGirl

I don't care how frivolous his sounds: I daydream about getting my hair done. Blonder. Balayage, because it takes a long time and four hands. My guy always offers me coffee or tea. I always ask for the coffee. It's good coffee. I imagine how it feels, being just taken care of for three hours, just getting pampered, and leaving the salon feeling beautiful again.

Walking outside into the sunshine with my sunshine hair.

We are being MORE careful now that things are reopening, as other people are not being as careful as they were (and there are those who selfishly and stupidly did and still do put themselves and others at risk by not observing distancing guidelines and not wearing masks). However, we did go out to a small local wine shop with our good friends and neighbors that also serves wine - we were the last four customers before the shutdown, and among the first four when they reopened. The shop removed many of the few tables they had, so they are widely separated - they're following the rules. Aside from that, we're being more careful when shopping for groceries and essentials than before.

We also went to a lovely state park with friends (separate cars), but we all wore masks and kept our distance - especially from other people. It was a weekday, so less crowded - we would not go on a weekend, just as we don't shop for essentials when stores are busy.

We'll continue being careful until testing is far more widespread, and/or there is a vaccine or treatment that's effective for older people like us.

sothereiwas

New threat to the economy: Americans are saving like it's the 1980s:

New York (CNN Business)Americans are slashing their spending, hoarding cash and shrinking their credit card debt as they fear their jobs could disappear during the coronavirus pandemic.

US credit card debt suddenly reversed course in March and fell by the largest percentage in more than 30 years. At the same time, savings rates climbed to levels unseen since Ronald Reagan was in the White House.

The dramatic shifts in consumer behavior reflect the unprecedented turmoil in the US economy caused by the pandemic. Although caution is a logical response to that uncertainty, hunkering down also poses a risk to the recovery in an economy dominated by consumer spending.

I'm sure it will all work out. Just print more money.

Is this what it's going to be like after the lockdown?

CaliforniaGirl
On 5/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, sothereiwas said:

I just want the local range to open

Like...shooting stuff?

sothereiwas
12 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Like...shooting stuff?

Exactly like shooting stuff. In Culver City I used to shoot around 2500 rounds a month. 

CaliforniaGirl
1 minute ago, sothereiwas said:

Exactly like shooting stuff. In Culver City I used to shoot around 2500 rounds a month. 

I have a couple friends who say they miss this.

sothereiwas
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

I have a couple friends who say they miss this.

It's a hoot, if you want to try it you can generally get some basic training and rent a firearm in a local range. Well, not now obviously. Later.

CaliforniaGirl
Just now, sothereiwas said:

It's a hoot, if you want to try it you can generally get some basic training and rent a firearm in a local range. Well, not now obviously. Later.

I don't dare take up this hobby, LOL. (Kidding)

sothereiwas
Just now, CaliforniaGirl said:

I don't dare take up this hobby, LOL. (Kidding)

Might come in handy when the zombies come ....

CaliforniaGirl
10 minutes ago, sothereiwas said:

Might come in handy when the zombies come ....

Compelling...I mean I had always assumed I'd just throw my cooking at them...that seems to send everybody else running...this could be a more efficient option, though...I'll revisit it after we're all open for business again. Thanks for the tip.