On assigning responsibility to an affair

Paul
Message added by Paul

Editor's note: This conversation originated in the following thread. We split it off into its own discussion as to not lose focus of the thread starter's circumstances.

N0TH1N6L3FT
7 hours ago, understand50 said:

One of the issue with Love shack and other site is the overwhelming push for divorce when ever someone post.  It has gotten better. There are many reasons not to get a divorce after infidelity.  As everyone is unique, and all relationship are different, sometime it does make good sense to forgive and stay together. This is not abuse. Nor is there any consequences arising from the infidelity. There are always consequences.  Each situation is complex and requires its own solution.  Trying to judge is not helpful, but pointing out mistakes and offering when work for Me, or us can be, but one must remember not everything will fit.

Divorce, can be the solution.  So I do not want to be one who would state that this is not true.  There is also time that it is not.

Gaslighting.  Lying to cover lies. Repetitive behaviors that are patterned in circles.  Avoiding... you know nevermind.  Thanks for your concern. 

• Like 1

One of the reasons I didn’t post my story here for years was that I knew I would be told to divorce. I was already immensely guilty for not separating/divorcing, I didn’t want to hear that as a solution and feel further ashamed for not taking the advice. 

• Sad 1