Caught roommates gf cheating

SincereOnlineGuy
17 hours ago, simpycurious said:

I would thread lightly. 

Uh, that ship already sailed...

• Like 2

I'd first ask the landlord if you see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, if he wants you to let him know. 

I asked my landlord this because they don't live on the property and some of the tenants in this building, IMO, are sketchy.  It has a driveway to the back where we park and I've seen people cutting through, letting their dogs run in the back lawn area, etc.  She was appreciative to have a set of eyes looking out.

If he says 'yes', then mention to the gf that you're going to be out of town for a few days---then come back and take pics, since you said she frequents the couch with her paramours. Take pics of cars and license plates, too. Then send them to your landlord with your concerns in these CV19 times and her inviting random Richard over for a romp.

If he says 'nah, that's ok', then stay out of it and do nothing.

OatsAndHall

If I were in the OP's shoes, I would be concerned that she'd throw me under the bus or make an accusation when she gets caught. And I do mean WHEN; she's not being conspicuous about it. The boyfriend/landlord probably won't be happy with the OP if he busts her and she tells informs him that the OP knew about it all along. And, if I were a landlord, I would want to know if there were strangers in my place, regardless of the gf screwing around.

But, all and all, I would be looking for another place to live.

• Like 2

The gf knows you know you are screwing around, have caught her twice now.

Who knows if they have an open relationship or not but the gf seems to not want you to see her with the guy

if it was an open thing I do not think she would act how she does when you walk in on her with another guy.

Also I would not doubt that the gf would be scheming a way to throw you under the bus someway to get you kicked out of there

since you could cause her problems as she seems to have her cake and be eating it also.

Not a good situation for you at all t be honest.  By no doing of your own either.

You could feel around talking with your landlord around about how things are with him and the gf 

Have no idea of the situation and if you should tell him or not, how friendly are you with him?

It would depend a lot on that 

I agree that you would probably be better served by living somewhere else with more privacy for yourself.

Likewise if I were in your shoes, I would also mind my own business and not say anything at all.

That said if you're interested in playing with her and are okay with any potential fallout, you could flirt with her to gauge her interest and go from there.

healing light
On 5/19/2020 at 6:08 AM, elaine567 said:

f this was you friend then I would tell  him but as he is your landlord and your home relies on his good will then I would say nothing.
If you told him he may not believe you or choose not to believe you and I guess his gf will say you are lying.
I am not sure if you are a woman or a man but if a man she will say you were hitting on her and are jealous, or if a woman, you are trying to break them up as you fancy your landlord... 
Getting involved will not do you any good and may even get you evicted...

I agree with this assessment.

Long winded story: A while ago, I had a very important friendship with someone and the horrible girl he was dating at the time came to one of the parties I hosted--was holding his hand inside the house, making out with another guy outside the house. Lots of people saw it, it became public knowledge. We were talking about the other guy and it slipped in conversation once (truly not intentional but I honestly thought he already knew by then). Begged him not to go to her and told him to expect she would flip it on me if he did. Friend reassured me nothing of the sort would happen, don't worry, he'd believe me even if she tried. Next second he was cold as ice to me. She basically DARVOed him, flipped it on me and him, why would he trust me over her, I just want him and am looking to break them up, blah blah blah (when in reality I knew far worse about her cheating and indiscretions that I kept to myself). Anyway, long story short, the friendship never recovered and even after the full truth came out later (that she was actually sleeping with this man behind his back), he ended up keeping his friendship with the other guy, stayed with her for over a year more, and never rekindled our friendship. I paid a worse price than both the cheater and the cheatee even when I made attempts to reconcile years later.

So yeah, if your living situation depends on this arrangement, I would play ignorant until you've already secured a different place. I would NOT mention it to the woman at all--I feel like if she's already the manipulative type to cheat she will just scheme a way to screw you over in the meantime. After you've moved I would consider shooting him a line if he's still with her and you know you don't need any kind of referral from him. Sucks but people are irrational when it comes to matters of the heart. I just don't think you know him enough to know how he'll respond, perhaps my advice would be different if you were close friends with this man.

• Like 3
Cookiesandough

Taking some ethical stand here could end up messing with your living arrangement. She could lie on you in retaliation. He could be dependent someway on her $ for the place...Jjust stay neutral on things...hes not even your friend...

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 2
simpycurious
2 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

Taking some ethical stand here could end up messing with your living arrangement. She could lie on you in retaliation. He could be dependent someway on her $ for the place...Jjust stay neutral on things...hes not even your friend...

^^This is called "LEAVING IT LIKE IT IS"..............

• Thanks 1