Ex girlfriend txt me random questions ?

Brokenheartedman12

Brokenheartedman12

Hello all so, my ex has a new man in her life. But she every now and than ask me random stuff through Instagram, like where she can buy tires for her car or fix something, she also asked me about a game she just purchased instead of just finding out for herself. She also told me to tell my mom happy Mother’s Day ? I find it odd that these are things her new bf can not help her with does this happen to anyone else ?

A few possibilities.

Things aren't working out so great with the new man, and she's making sure she has a life-line back to you. 

She's still a bit hurt/guilty over the way things ended with you, and wants to restore good faith to help her move on. 

She wants an orbiter. It's very validating for a girl to break up with a guy, and know that he'll still talk to her. Makes her feel good. 

Or, you guys had a close relationship and she still cares about you, but maybe doesn't see it as inappropriate to be communicating with you while dating someone else. 

I would answer her politely, but indifferently and as succinctly as possible. 

RJC very succinctly covered most of the explanations.

Are they acceptable to you? Looking forward to being Plan B?

Get rid of her and everything that reminds you of her. She is not respecting you and you are not respecting yourself by engaging with her.

Make her believe that aliens abducted you. That should be how completely you vanish from her life. 

mark clemson

These are known as breadcrumbs. Don't bother, move on, unless for some reason you're happy to be in her friendzone. Even if you're ok with that, DON'T let it stop you from moving on. She didn't.

Cookiesandough

She’s just using you for information, man. cut her off

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
simpycurious

She's writing a book about ex-bf's.  You do have certain financial rights if you are directly quoted....just sayin

14 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

She’s just using you for information, man. cut her off

This.

She's literally using you.  She sees you as useful for information (perhaps her bf is not as knowledgeable). If you are getting nothing from this woman in return, and you don't want to be used anymore, then just stop responding to her.  She will find someone else to use.

Its her way keeping a connection to you.

She likely still cares for you yet isnt ready to let go yet. 

If you're not comfortable with it then you need to block her.