Friend or Side Bae?

New to this whole thing, been with W for 21 years - not all good years, I've been 100% faithful.  Her on the other hand had an EA a few years back - we overcame the EA for the most part.  Once a glass is broken and glued back is it ever really normal to hold water again without leaking?

Been friends with potential OW for about 15 years.  Started off as industry colleagues, lots of lunch dates phone conversations, etc.  We would always had this connection between the two of us, but we never crossed the line.  The last 3 years I decided to ghost her and move on. 

Not long ago I ended up bumping into her where she was extremely happy to see me, during that reunion we decided to go out for lunch the following week to catch up.  We went to lunch and caught up for about 3 hours, during the good byes she says "let's not let another 3 years go by", which we agreed to keep the friendship alive.  As I was walking away she say to me that she loves me, not sure what to make of it I simply said me too and we walked away.  Obviously there are various forms of love, but dam that got to me tbh and haven't gotten it out of my head.

After a week I sent an invite for another lunch which she agreed, but fast forward as we got closer to the lunch date I was out town as was she.  Thus she canceled but telling me how much she has missed me and wanted to see me blah blah, thus we rescheduled.  When the day came to meet up for lunch, both our schedules crazy we had a quick bite at the end we exchanged pleasantries I got the "okay my love" and tight hug...fast forward we spoke once right before the shutdown on the phone for about an hour flirting back and forth, nothing that went overboard tbh.

Just can not get the "I love you" out of my head...can not stop thinking is there or has there been something here for years and my reluctance to cross the line and pushing back on the innuendos is there something more, maybe, covid surely doesn't help!

She doesn't love you.  She throws around the word love casually.  Think I love ice cream not run away with & be my love. 

Power down.  Go back to your wife.  

• Like 1

My advice to you is to stop this now. If three years went by and you two didn't have enough friendship to keep it alive, then you still don't have enough.

What you are doing is called having an emotional affair... with someone who didn't care enough about you for 3 years to find you on Facebook or through other means. If you hadn't bumped into her, none of this would being going on. 

Your head is spun around because she's using extremely intimate terms of endearment with you and they're based on nothing--because nothing happened for 3 years. She's being manipulative.

Whatever it was you thought you built back up with your wife you're dismantling it brick by brick behind her back.  How about this: How about both of you being her friend?  How about your wife going with you on these lunch dates, you two being friends and all?

Or

Divorce and do as you like.

Edited by kendahke
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
On 6/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, kendahke said:

My advice to you is to stop this now. If three years went by and you two didn't have enough friendship to keep it alive, then you still don't have enough.

What you are doing is called having an emotional affair... with someone who didn't care enough about you for 3 years to find you on Facebook or through other means. If you hadn't bumped into her, none of this would being going on. 

Your head is spun around because she's using extremely intimate terms of endearment with you and they're based on nothing--because nothing happened for 3 years. She's being manipulative.

Whatever it was you thought you built back up with your wife you're dismantling it brick by brick behind her back.  How about this: How about both of you being her friend?  How about your wife going with you on these lunch dates, you two being friends and all?

Or

Divorce and do as you like.

Thank you all for the great advice, all too true indeed, she did miss my bday kind of only acknowledged on social media no personal text or anything.  Manipulation indeed to get something out of me from a business perspective most likely.

• Like 1