do you think there is any chance of a relationship?

blobfather86

So I have known my friend for about 4 years and we have grown very close. When we first met she did try to kiss me but I turned her down. We then became genuine good friends, but over time I suppose my feelings developed slowly but I never considered acting on them and it was easy to suppress . Throughout our friendship I dated girls and she dated guys; no issues at all. Then one night we were out drinking and she came onto me strongly and started talking about us being in a relationship and telling people I was her boyfriend. We kissed and cuddled and held hands and she told me I was the most important thing in her life. This woke something up in me and made me realise I do like her. The next day she didn't really want to talk about it, and then the whole covid19 thing started and it just didnt feel like the right time to share my feelings with her. Over the next two months we continued as friends. She then started talking about her interest in other guys and I could not help but become jealous to the point that this would affect our friendship. I revealed my feelings for her and she turned me down. She never really answered my question when I asked why she said those things that night. So we havent fallen out however I requested I have some space before we can be friends like before. We have spoken since and she says that she respects my request for space. Do you think she was just messing around with my feelings? Do you think there is any chance of things progressing?

1 hour ago, blobfather86 said:

We kissed and cuddled and held hands and she told me I was the most important thing in her life. This woke something up in me and made me realise I do like her. The next day she didn't really want to talk about it

I don't know why she would do that and then just date other guys and turn you down when you expressed your feelings. Friends don't play with your head and your emotions like that.  

And you can't be friends when one of you want it to be more. Those feelings don't just stay put away nicely in a box.  As you've seen, jealousy will rear its ugly head.

I would recommend maintaining your distance.  Focus on meeting new women.

• Author
blobfather86

Thank you for the response. Yeah, the more I think about, the more I realise that her behaviour was a pretty poor way to treat a friend.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, blobfather86 said:

Do you think she was just messing around with my feelings? Do you think there is any chance of things progressing?

No and maybe

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, blobfather86 said:

Thank you for the response. What do you think is the best way to proceed?

absence makes the heart grow fonder.  pull back, leave her alone except to talk with her once in a while.  make her miss you.  she'll come around

• Like 1

I think you missed your window. 

She tried it on with you twice and both times she got nothing.

She has finally given up and moved on.

Your admission of feelings is too late.

Sorry but there is no hope now.