Benefits of being single

In an effort to make myself feel better about being single, I am inviting everyone to help me compile a list of all the benefits. This is what I have come up with so far:

- personal space

- walk around naked without anyone poking you in the hip or feeling you up

- cooking experiments and/or disasters don't leave anyone hungry

- don't need to check in with anyone / can leave phone home for the day

- watch any movies/shows you want and as frequently as you want (similarly listen to fave songs on repeat for days without annoying anyone)

- less maintenance such as waxing, manicures, etc (hence spending less money) 

- get the whole bed to yourself and can sleep like a starfish

That's all I got.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 6

You get to choose your life path without compromise or constraint: career, education, travel, hobbies, diet, entertainment, etc.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Well my GF doesn't do any of the things that follow...but my children certainty have :)

-things are always as you left them, no surprise messes

-that last cookie or pint of ice cream you were saving doesn't get eaten

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, MeadowFlower said:

You won't get dumped...

^ ^

😁 ha ha  

• Like 3
Cookiesandough
51 minutes ago, Weezy1973 said:

You get to choose your life path without compromise or constraint: career, education, travel, hobbies, diet, entertainment, etc.

This. All about the freedom and living 100 for yourself

• Like 4
CaliforniaGirl

I’m not single right now but I would just say...independence, being able to do what you want without having to always make sure it’s what the other person wants.

• Like 5
Fresh_Start

You're not single, you're in a long term relationship with freedom. ;)

Cheer up, doll.  I can tell that you're really down on your dating luck, but it doesn't mean you have to resign yourself to living out the rest of your days as a spinster.  The right man will come into your life when you least expect it.  He's out there right now looking for you just as you've been looking for him.  You just aren't ready for one another yet.  This is your time to learn, to grow, and to become more optimistic about men and dating in general.  Love yourself and feel beautiful because you are one of a kind and you have something to offer that nobody else can offer: You. 

Edited by Fresh_Start
  • Like 5
  • Author
3 hours ago, Fresh_Start said:

You're not single, you're in a long term relationship with freedom. ;)

Cheer up, doll.  I can tell that you're really down on your dating luck, but it doesn't mean you have to resign yourself to living out the rest of your days as a spinster.  The right man will come into your life when you least expect it.  He's out there right now looking for you just as you've been looking for him.  You just aren't ready for one another yet.  This is your time to learn, to grow, and to become more optimistic about men and dating in general.  Love yourself and feel beautiful because you are one of a kind and you have something to offer that nobody else can offer: You. 

Thank you for this ❤🙏

Lol. I'll play:

- increased prevalence of names like "red dress Laura" and "hiker Jen" and "giggly tall chick" in your phone's contact list

- everyone in the world is a possibility. Technically speaking.

- your problems = your problems

- their problems = still not your problems. Seriously, this is yuge

• Like 6

You def' get a bucket load of crap in some form or another with a relationship/marriage , as compared to being single , even if you just don't realize just how many changes it makes or the things your actually doing or what's coming with it and a lot of people don't. But if they were to really really think about it honestly, everything, they'd probably be very surprised . And if you don't really have any problems but they do , then they become your problem too and they can come with big problems .

You can go out whenever and wherever you like

You can travel at any time anywhere you please 

No compromising 

Not having to deal with anybody else's issues and baggage just your own

Paying for one not two

No inlaws to worry about

No fights

No jealousy

Go out where you choose to go without compromise 

Watch whatever movie you please

No potential heartache or pain

No running around for someone else picking them up etc.

😚👍👌

• Like 1
introverted1

Intellectual and emotional energy to put into what matters to YOU -- whether that's personal growth, professional goals, fitness, volunteering, or some combination of these.  Your mind is clear and focused.

• Like 5
Happy Lemming

Your financial decisions are all your own, you don't have to consult another person.  You get to decide how much "risk" tolerance you are willing to accept, and how to invest your money to plan for your retirement.

Moreover, if you put money into savings, it will stay there.  It won't disappear as your spouse draws it out to purchase a new boat or some other toy. (which appears to have happened to a neighbor of mine)

Personally, I played with some high risk real estate in my youth.  It was my money to spend and risk, luckily it paid off.  I would not have pulled such a move, if I had a wife.

• Like 4
ladybug2021

Unless you are with the right person, the benefits of being single always outweight being in a relationship.

That’s why I’ll only be again in a relationship with someone who shares my sense of freedom, values, goals and view of the world.

I am an ambitious person and have my personal goals, and it seems all guys I meet are not, and just want to be in their comfort zones, which would hinder my personal growth.

So to me the benefits are:

- All my daily energy and focus are on myself only and my goals

- Can do whatever I want with my time and not having to go to places or be with people I don’t want to

- Not having to deal with someone else’s issues and problems

- Personal freedom to live my days without checking in with someone else, and letting them know where I am and what I am doing or going to do (this to me feels very childish).

So basically unless I am with the right person (who is me in the masculine version), I’m not made for a relationship, as with my personality I can’t stand most things many people in relationships accept because I love my personal freedom above all.

I miss the sex though! lol

Edited by ladybug2021
  • Like 5
Trail Blazer
18 hours ago, Hopeful30 said:

In an effort to make myself feel better about being single, I am inviting everyone to help me compile a list of all the benefits. This is what I have come up with so far:

- personal space

- walk around naked without anyone poking you in the hip or feeling you up

- cooking experiments and/or disasters don't leave anyone hungry

- don't need to check in with anyone / can leave phone home for the day

- watch any movies/shows you want and as frequently as you want (similarly listen to fave songs on repeat for days without annoying anyone)

- less maintenance such as waxing, manicures, etc (hence spending less money) 

- get the whole bed to yourself and can sleep like a starfish

That's all I got.

Nah, the emboldened is a benefit from my perspective! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Author
7 hours ago, Goodguy05 said:

You can go out whenever and wherever you like

You can travel at any time anywhere you please 

No compromising 

Not having to deal with anybody else's issues and baggage just your own

Paying for one not two

No inlaws to worry about

No fights

No jealousy

Go out where you choose to go without compromise 

Watch whatever movie you please

No potential heartache or pain

No running around for someone else picking them up etc.

😚👍👌

This sounds like from a male perspective. Either way, I drive and never date jealous guys, so I can cross those off  😛

Also, I don't see it as compromise. I see it as building ))

3 hours ago, introverted1 said:

Intellectual and emotional energy to put into what matters to YOU -- whether that's personal growth, professional goals, fitness, volunteering, or some combination of these.  Your mind is clear and focused.

What if you want your emotional energy to go into building a marriage? 🤔

2 hours ago, ladybug2021 said:

Unless you are with the right person, the benefits of being single always outweight being in a relationship.

I miss the sex though! lol

Not true for everyone. I've always benefited, grown, and learned more from relationships than being single. 

And I hear you there girl!! I haven't had sex in 3 years. God have mercy on my next man lol!!

As a man, too many benefits to list. 

Number 1 benefit: the freedom to date whoever you please without the disastrous financial consequences of a divorce. 

• Like 4
Happy Lemming
11 minutes ago, Hopeful30 said:

And I hear you there girl!! I haven't had sex in 3 years. God have mercy on my next man lol!!

Many years ago, I went out on a first date with this very nice woman.  I picked her up, we went and had a nice dinner, nice conversation, etc.  At the end of the evening, I took her home and was going to kiss her good night and leave.  When we got in her apartment, I followed her in to kiss her goodnight, she quickly shut the door and dead bolted it.  Then she looked me in the eye and said "I haven't had sex in 3 years, you're not going anywhere."  My response "I'm not scared, Challenge accepted!!"

I only have one word to describe the rest of the night "WOW!!"

• Like 12
  • Shocked 1
19 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

Then she looked me in the eye and said "I haven't had sex in 3 years, you're not going anywhere."  My response "I'm not scared, Challenge accepted!!"

Gotta love it when that happens!!

Back to the original question, I would say the one big benefit of remaining single is you eliminate the possibility of marrying the wrong person and the misery that goes along with that.

Edited by Zona
  • Like 3
  • Author
27 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

Many years ago, I went out on a first date with this very nice woman.  I picked her up, we went and had a nice dinner, nice conversation, etc.  At the end of the evening, I took her home and was going to kiss her good night and leave.  When we got in her apartment, I followed her in to kiss her goodnight, she quickly shut the door and dead bolted it.  Then she looked me in the eye and said "I haven't had sex in 3 years, you're not going anywhere."  My response "I'm not scared, Challenge accepted!!"

Really?? You didn't think she was desperate or aggressive? It wasn't a turn off?

Dang!! I've been looking at it all wrong! 

• Confused 1
Happy Lemming
4 minutes ago, Hopeful30 said:

Really?? You didn't think she was desperate or aggressive? It wasn't a turn off?

Not at all... The only thing that went through my mind was "i should make this experience extra special for her, since it had been a while".  So I alternated between oral sex and PIV several times until she was completely "satisfied", then I finished.  I remember at the end, her laying naked spread eagle on the bed, looking up at the ceiling and saying "Oh my god, I so needed that".

To be fair, I was friends with her sister-in-law and I met this woman at a party, thrown by the sister-in-law. We exchanged phone numbers and I think she asked her sister-in-law about me, etc.  So this woman had some clue that I wasn't an ax murderer or anything like that.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, ladybug2021 said:

Exactly.

I don't see any benefits of being single as I am with the right person now. All this stuff people have been saying they can only do when they are single, can be done when you are in a relationship as well, when you are with the right person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I loved being single, just not all the time. 

And now I love being in a relationship, I just wish I had more alone time. ;)

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 3