Glad to see life is almost back to normal, but how?

• Author
13 minutes ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

Are we even actually IN a pandemic anymore?  I don''t think we are. Why are we still obeying all orders like we are?

Exactly, I hear precautions and I'm like who is even following them anymore?

I honestly think people just realize you can do most stuff safely.

There's no huge spikes, people barely know anyone who has had this.

It's been 6 months, we know more than we did.

I still will be cautious, but I no longer shame people for living their lives.

Only thing that you shouldn't do is be in crowds. 

Edited by Spring1234
  • Author
1 hour ago, basil67 said:

So if you don't think it's very contagious, go out and have fun

I just want to know why can life pretty return to normal without huge spikes and hospitals overwhelmed? 

How can literally people be everywhere and everything is fine.

• Author
1 hour ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

No. It doesn't make me wonder. There are A-holes everywhere. People strapped up with guns to demand haircuts and I'm supposed to be surprised how many people refuse to be safe? What on earth surprises anybody anymore?

The numbers alone of the sick show how many people act like toddlers and refuse to follow safety precautions. Do YOU wonder? Surely you don't.

Give it up.

We would have completely been on the same page back in April. But I think after July 4th when there was barely any spikes and everything reopened I lost faith how contagious this was.

Amusement parks, restaurants, beaches, malls, sports, salons, you name it it is operating fine, las Vegas, Disney, you hear nothing! HOW??? 

You used to hear about salons or anything that reopened would be the hot thing to hear cases, now crickets.

Edited by Spring1234
CaliforniaGirl
2 minutes ago, Spring1234 said:

We would have completely been on the same page back in April. But I think after July 4th when there was barely any spikes and everything reopened I lost faith how contagious this was.

Amusement parks, restaurants, beaches, you name it it is operating fine, las Vegas, Disney, you hear nothing! HOW??? 

You keep saying the same stuff.

We keep answering you.

You ask "how"...well, realistically, how the helll can we know? Ask one of your hundreds of friends. Ask some of the people you see at AC. Ask people in Manhattan. How can the rest of us know why people you see wandering around do what they do?

1 hour ago, Spring1234 said:

I just want to know why can life pretty return to normal without huge spikes and hospitals overwhelmed? 

How can literally people be everywhere and everything is fine.

You're getting close to 200K deaths.  But yeah, it's all FINE. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

Are we even actually IN a pandemic anymore?  I don''t think we are. Why are we still obeying all orders like we are?

Spring...is this your 2nd account? lol

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl
6 hours ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

Who is "all"? People have been bucking the recommendations from the beginning, and it shows in our numbers.

We went from "15 people total"...to this.

I've seen giant toddlers wearing their masks under their noses and smirking since Day One so I'm not sure when this mythical time was that we all obeyed "orders." 🤔

Edited by CaliforniaGirl
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

There's no point in you obeying orders because the horse has already bolted.   Had the US closed borders and your citizens obeyed orders, you'd be in a far better place.   I don't like our Prime Minister, but I do give him credit for good leadership and keeping us safe during this time. 

Edited by basil67
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
11 hours ago, QuietRiot said:

Spring...is this your 2nd account? lol

It's not, but I agree with them. I don't see a pandemic out there, I see regular everyday life.

• Author
11 hours ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Who is "all"? People have been bucking the recommendations from the beginning, and it shows in our numbers.

We went from "15 people total"...to this.

I've seen giant toddlers wearing their masks under their noses and smirking since Day One so I'm not sure when this mythical time was that we all obeyed "orders." 🤔

I know, however it seems like things are status quo. 

There's cases, but deaths have decreased.

People can't be locked up forever.

For the amount of people out and about cases and deaths haven't exploded like predicted.

My friend went to a wedding Sunday, 200 people outside, she had a great time, I'm not saying I would do that, however if she can do something like that I should be fine going places. 

I just can't believe how fast things have gotten back to normal, I thought I would have to be in lockdown for years. 

Edited by Spring1234
  • Author
10 hours ago, basil67 said:

There's no point in you obeying orders because the horse has already bolted.   Had the US closed borders and your citizens obeyed orders, you'd be in a far better place.   I don't like our Prime Minister, but I do give him credit for good leadership and keeping us safe during this time. 

Exactly everything is status quo, it can't really get better and obviously it can't really get worse, I mean everything is reopened and barely any change. News outlets don't really report on it anymore, it just appears over. 

• Author

The sad thing is the amount of people that die in 2 days from Coronavirus in America are the same amount of people that died on 9/11. They say the same amount that died on 9/11 will die a day from the virus come December. I remember everyone being horrified by the amount of people that died that day, it's just unbelievable it's like 9/11 is happening multiple times a week and soon will be daily. Nobody cares, plenty of people still not wearing their masks, noses out, not social distancing, still thinking it's a hoax. If 9/11 happened now it would turn into political. Trump supporters would blame Democrats and vice versa. Back in 2001 we all came together, helped each other, were kind to one another and mourned for the lives that were lost. It was nobody's fault the terrorist attacks happened except the terriosts that did it. Now it's Americans own fault Americans are dying, it's shameful.

If someone told you back in 2001 if you wore a mask, social distanced, stayed home, sacrificed some fun and the 9/11 attacks wouldn't happen, I would have hoped people would have agreed with no question, why doesn't that apply to the virus when soooo many more people are dying.

CaliforniaGirl
4 minutes ago, Spring1234 said:

I know, however it seems like things are status quo. 

There's cases, but deaths have decreased.

People can't be locked up forever.

For the amount of people out and about cases and deaths haven't exploded like predicted.

My friend went to a wedding Sunday, 200 people outside, she had a great time, I'm not saying I would do that, however if she can do something like that I should be fine going places. 

I just can't believe how fast things have gotten back to normal, I thought I would have to be in lockdown for years. 

Things have exploded.

And...even given that, why do you not get that people who do follow the recommendations are the ones holding things at all at bay?

Safety measures work. Even despite ridiculous pushback...we have fewer cases, yes.

So by all means...since it has worked, let's throw people on top of.each other again. Because logic. ????

How long are you going to repeat yourself? We heard you.

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl
3 minutes ago, Spring1234 said:

The sad thing is the amount of people that die in 2 days from Coronavirus in America are the same amount of people that died on 9/11. They say the same amount that died on 9/11 will die a day from the virus come December. I remember everyone being horrified by the amount of people that died that day, it's just unbelievable it's like 9/11 is happening multiple times a week and soon will be daily. Nobody cares, plenty of people still not wearing their masks, noses out, not social distancing, still thinking it's a hoax. If 9/11 happened now it would turn into political. Trump supporters would blame Democrats and vice versa. Back in 2001 we all came together, helped each other, were kind to one another and mourned for the lives that were lost. It was nobody's fault the terrorist attacks happened except the terriosts that did it. Now it's Americans own fault Americans are dying, it's shameful.

If someone told you back in 2001 if you wore a mask, social distanced, stayed home, sacrificed some fun and the 9/11 attacks wouldn't happen, I would have hoped people would have agreed with no question, why doesn't that apply to the virus when soooo many more people are dying.

We heard you.

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl
5 minutes ago, Spring1234 said:

Exactly everything is status quo, it can't really get better and obviously it can't really get worse, I mean everything is reopened and barely any change. News outlets don't really report on it anymore, it just appears over. 

Of course it could get worse again. What do you mean?

Oh, never mind.

• Author
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Things have exploded.

And...even given that, why do you not get that people who do follow the recommendations are the ones holding things at all at bay?

Safety measures work. Even despite ridiculous pushback...we have fewer cases, yes.

So by all means...since it has worked, let's throw people on top of.each other again. Because logic. ????

How long are you going to repeat yourself? We heard you.

They have not exploded, same amount of cases we've had for months. Same number of cases while things were closed, how could that even be? It should be common knowledge you open things cases spike, but nope. They're bumping us up top allow restaurants 50% capacity, is this because things are better, or do people just not care anymore?

Okay masks help, however I didn't think at this point they would even be the answer.

I have lost quite a few friends because I shamed them in the Spring for going out, I made huge speeches to family about the danger of this virus, I just feel like I overreacted and now I'm embarrassed. 

• Author
13 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Of course it could get worse again. What do you mean?

Oh, never mind.

How?? People will wear their masks. The people that wear them will continue to wear them and obviously the people that don't doesn't really make a difference. There are always reopening stuff and increasing people and no spikes.

CaliforniaGirl
1 minute ago, Spring1234 said:

They have not exploded, same amount of cases we've had for months. Same number of cases while things were closed, how could that even be? It should be common knowledge you open things cases spike, but nope. They're bumping us up top allow restaurants 50% capacity, is this because things are better, or do people just not care anymore?

Okay masks help, however I didn't think at this point they would even be the answer.

I have lost quite a few friends because I shamed them in the Spring for going out, I made huge speeches to family about the danger of this virus, I just feel like I overreacted and now I'm embarrassed. 

Well, I'm sorry to hear you're embarrassed. Good luck going forward from here, and enjoy the healthy tri-state area.

• Author
Just now, CaliforniaGirl said:

Well, I'm sorry to hear you're embarrassed. Good luck going forward from here, and enjoy the healthy tri-state area.

My friend just texted me a picture of her day at the gym, indoor dining, hanging out with 30 friends at the pool, outdoor bar, now she is going to a dinner party with 15 people inside. She then wrote do you feel silly, I told you things would be back to normal in a few months. 

I just feel like a laughing stock.

I was always shaming people, writing posts on Facebook, remember when Wisconsin opened up with no precautions and I just thought this will ruin the county, heard NOTHING!

I get a lot of flack from my family and friends and they're always telling me how wrong I was. I used to say wait a few weeks, however that line is getting old.

CaliforniaGirl
12 minutes ago, Spring1234 said:

My friend just texted me a picture of her day at the gym, indoor dining, hanging out with 30 friends at the pool, outdoor bar, now she is going to a dinner party with 15 people inside. She then wrote do you feel silly, I told you things would be back to normal in a few months. 

I just feel like a laughing stock.

I was always shaming people, writing posts on Facebook, remember when Wisconsin opened up with no precautions and I just thought this will ruin the county, heard NOTHING!

I get a lot of flack from my family and friends and they're always telling me how wrong I was. I used to say wait a few weeks, however that line is getting old.

These people all sound like absolute gems.

• Like 1
  • Author
21 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

These people all sound like absolute gems.

I a! made fun of daily for my initial fear and response to the virus.

I still stay home and avoid people.

One of my family members and their family stopped speaking to me because i wanted an outside visit and distancing on July 4th, they said if I want that then i can't come. First time i wasn't invited for Labor Day in 12 years. 

2 hours ago, Spring1234 said:

I a! made fun of daily for my initial fear and response to the virus.

I still stay home and avoid people.

One of my family members and their family stopped speaking to me because i wanted an outside visit and distancing on July 4th, they said if I want that then i can't come. First time i wasn't invited for Labor Day in 12 years. 

That's awful. Some people are so insensitive.   

We've turned down many invitations.  Most people are cool with us wanting to be careful.  the ones who aren't well. . . too bad on them. 

Hang in there.  

• Author
2 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

That's awful. Some people are so insensitive.   

We've turned down many invitations.  Most people are cool with us wanting to be careful.  the ones who aren't well. . . too bad on them. 

Hang in there.  

Thank you! I appreciate it. It's definitely ruined many of my friendships and family relationships because they don't think the virus is that serious and taunt me about the places they're going. 

I just get frustrated because I want to go but I know it's still risky. 

I just didn't expect everywhere to reopen.

Just now, Spring1234 said:

I just get frustrated because I want to go but I know it's still risky. 

We went to the indoor funeral / wake of a friend recently.  We had been avoiding that circle through all of this because none of them were wearing masks or social distancing but we understand that was their choice just as it was ours to stay away.  The deceased died of cancer.  When I last saw him alive his cavalier attitude about Covid upset me because I knew he was on kemo, not wearing a mask & right up close to all sorts of people.   Whatever. . . he died the way he lived, on his terms. 

His SO was shocked when we came walking through the doors. Our presence brought her to tears, which I really didn't mean to do.  She was so touched that we made the effort despite our fears & views about masks.  Most people in the funeral parlor were masked & we stayed away from the ones who weren't -- paying our respects  & leaving quickly.  I actually had an anxiety attack so bad that I almost barfed when we made it back to the car.  It broke my heart that we couldn't hug her to offer comfort but being able to at least go to say good bye was something.  There have been soooo many deaths & no funerals.  

• Like 1
  • Author
31 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

We went to the indoor funeral / wake of a friend recently.  We had been avoiding that circle through all of this because none of them were wearing masks or social distancing but we understand that was their choice just as it was ours to stay away.  The deceased died of cancer.  When I last saw him alive his cavalier attitude about Covid upset me because I knew he was on kemo, not wearing a mask & right up close to all sorts of people.   Whatever. . . he died the way he lived, on his terms. 

His SO was shocked when we came walking through the doors. Our presence brought her to tears, which I really didn't mean to do.  She was so touched that we made the effort despite our fears & views about masks.  Most people in the funeral parlor were masked & we stayed away from the ones who weren't -- paying our respects  & leaving quickly.  I actually had an anxiety attack so bad that I almost barfed when we made it back to the car.  It broke my heart that we couldn't hug her to offer comfort but being able to at least go to say good bye was something.  There have been soooo many deaths & no funerals.  

That's nice you went. It's just caused issues with my family and friends.

I just had a friend text me their in Disney, they're trip has been planned for 2 years and I said in April you'll have to cancel it or there's no way they'll be opened. I just never would have believed back in April everything would be reopened and it seems to be working, it's shocking. 

We have had the same amount of cases since May and everything is reopened now. 

Anyway my friend texted me when she was at the park and said "guess you were wrong haha, stay under your rock i told you we would be living our lives."

Another friend had a birthday party on Friday night at this outdoor/indoor restaurant on Saturday no masks, everyone on top of each other, they were drinking, about 30 people. I didn't go, plenty of people texted me and said I was a coward. Of course I felt silly not being there my fear is still strong.

Anyway one of the people there just found out their roommate has the virus, so we'll see if they get it and if they spread it at the party. If not how do you explain this guys if it's so contagious?