So we had sex. Will he initiate another hook up?

Since the sex was good if you want more sex when he's in your area, text him something explicit along the lines of "I'm horny.  Come over."  

If you are not willing to be that blunt, I doubt he's coming back.  Sorry.  

You described him as a talented & thoughtful lover who says what women want to hear.  He has multiple options for sex so if you want more of what he's selling you have to command his attention understanding that attraction means nothing to him other then in the moment & he is not relationship material.  If you are enjoying the carnal side of things more power to you but if you can't keep all your emotions other than lust out of this, don't do it. 

OP, since you and he both have multiple options for sex, I don't think you need to initiate or reiterate how awesome the hot sex with him was again and again. You already exclaimed that to him once. He knows he's a great lay. 

But, like the others have pointed out to you; your achilles heel seems to be that you are getting emotionally attached to him (despite your denial here, your actions show us and him that you are emotionally attached already). When you take on multiple lovers, emotional attachment is not considered good foreplay to random sex meetups. Sure, there's nothing wrong with feeling the great sexual chemistry but to expect an emotional attachment reciprocated is, well, unrealistic. 

If you can't keep your heart out of all this casual sex you have with him and your other local multiple partners, you really shouldn't do it anymore. 

• Like 1

He might be lining up other hook-ups while he’s in town too, OP

My guess is that you’re not the only woman he intended to meet up with while he’s in the area, so he could be sorting out who he’s going to see and when before he gets back to you. I don’t mean he’s got a full agenda of dates but I also wouldn’t be surprised if there’s at least one other woman he might see. You know he’s popular with the ladies, as evidenced by his busy phone. 

The ball is in his court now. He knows you enjoyed it and you’re up for another round before he leaves. If he’s as interested as you, he will make it happen and get in touch with you. Don’t reach out again. If you don’t hear anything, then he’s a write-off. 

• 1 month later...

If the relationship is based on something other than love, you have no hook to keep him coming back.