Shoplifting Accusation

If you ever forget something after you've finished checking out it's probably better to just take everything you paid for out to your car and then go back in fresh. Same thing if you're by yourself and need to exchange something. Just leave it at the register for the time being.

Wal-Mart employees might be leagues ahead of Public Health experts when it comes to competence but they're still far from perfect. Expecting them to keep accurate track of your cart and what you paid for if you take it back into the store is probably too much to ask. 

Once in a blue moon if I'm thirsty I'll buy a drink from one of the fridges by the registers on the way in and I always wrap the receipt around the drink while I'm holding it and walking around. Otherwise I have no doubt someone would think I was stealing it.

• Like 1
On 8/31/2020 at 9:35 PM, LivingWaterPlease said:

...He did say he didn't want to reveal who it was because they didn't want to have any problems.

Of course they don't, it could really put a damper on their false accusations and ability to harass people by reporting them for a "crime."   Welcome to the world of those who don't "look right" who are constantly presumed to be involved in something shady, and always with the anonymous tip as a pretext to be harassed.

You are assuming there was a person who gave them an erroneous tip, there may have been no one, that is just their cover story to CYA. 

Edited by SumGuy
  • Like 1
  • Author
LivingWaterPlease
On 9/4/2020 at 7:54 PM, gaius said:

If you ever forget something after you've finished checking out it's probably better to just take everything you paid for out to your car and then go back in fresh. Same thing if you're by yourself and need to exchange something. Just leave it at the register for the time being.

Wal-Mart employees might be leagues ahead of Public Health experts when it comes to competence but they're still far from perfect. Expecting them to keep accurate track of your cart and what you paid for if you take it back into the store is probably too much to ask. 

Once in a blue moon if I'm thirsty I'll buy a drink from one of the fridges by the registers on the way in and I always wrap the receipt around the drink while I'm holding it and walking around. Otherwise I have no doubt someone would think I was stealing it.

Thanks for your post, gaius! They were focused on the first order, not the second. They were in the cart separately and the security guard indicated he didn't care about the second order. Am pretty sure the employee got ticked I took my cart with me to pick out the watermelon rather than following her suggestion and that she put them on to me. However, I don't want to do what she did, and judge her. Which is what she may have done to me. I like to deal in facts, not assumptions.  

But, I'd like to know what part she played in it, and what part the machine's the self check out machine played. I'm curious about the self checkout machines and all identity cameras. 

I called Walmart customer service and they were wonderful! They told me someone would call me right away but I told them I wouldn't be available the next day. They called me several times on my "unavailable" day but not any time since. I'm not done with it. It's time consuming but interesting to me.

I have no problem with them questioning me and asking to see my receipts so I don't expect them to keep track of what's in my cart and if it's paid for.  I've showed my receipt several times there with no problems about it. I feel for stores with all the shoplifting that goes on.

• Author
LivingWaterPlease
On 9/7/2020 at 9:52 PM, SumGuy said:

Of course they don't, it could really put a damper on their false accusations and ability to harass people by reporting them for a "crime."   Welcome to the world of those who don't "look right" who are constantly presumed to be involved in something shady, and always with the anonymous tip as a pretext to be harassed.

You are assuming there was a person who gave them an erroneous tip, there may have been no one, that is just their cover story to CYA. 

Thanks, Sumguy! It had never occurred to me that not looking right might have been an issue here. Maybe it was. But, I don't think so. I present quite OK.

You're right though, it may be no one tipped them off. Good point.

Very disgusting of both.

They probably lying. They sit there watching video cameras ,and tell eachother who to attack.

Because you cant speak like that to people and you cant acuse without prove.And the police need to figure that out first before they can say someone ddnt pay.

Its 2020,record such people right away and the manager,ask for their names ,if they say no atleast you got their pics or video.

Then go on their website and do the file a complain steps that they got.

Write how you felt,and how the person misbehaved.

Did he atleast apologize?

Eitherway file a complain. This is not how you aprouch people.

And you coulda also right away asl for your money back and give them the stuff back.

And if you ddnt pay yet and something like that happen,just leave the stuff there and walk away. As a form of protesting against it.

• Like 1
  • Author
LivingWaterPlease
6 hours ago, Pumaza said:

Very disgusting of both.

They probably lying. They sit there watching video cameras ,and tell eachother who to attack.

Because you cant speak like that to people and you cant acuse without prove.And the police need to figure that out first before they can say someone ddnt pay.

Its 2020,record such people right away and the manager,ask for their names ,if they say no atleast you got their pics or video.

Then go on their website and do the file a complain steps that they got.

Write how you felt,and how the person misbehaved.

Did he atleast apologize?

Eitherway file a complain. This is not how you aprouch people.

And you coulda also right away asl for your money back and give them the stuff back.

And if you ddnt pay yet and something like that happen,just leave the stuff there and walk away. As a form of protesting against it.

Pumaza, you seem to be a very spirited person! I enjoyed reading your post! Thanks for sharing!

I've written a letter to Walmart and probably will mail it. They did apologize already but I really want to know how they came to the definite conclusion I had stolen stuff! I'm pretty much over it but have no inclination to ever go back into the store!

49 minutes ago, LivingWaterPlease said:

Pumaza, you seem to be a very spirited person! I enjoyed reading your post! Thanks for sharing!

I've written a letter to Walmart and probably will mail it. They did apologize already but I really want to know how they came to the definite conclusion I had stolen stuff! I'm pretty much over it but have no inclination to ever go back into the store!

thanks.🌺but what you mean with spirited person lol.