Masks: It's about getting less sick, not more

SincereOnlineGuy
On 9/1/2020 at 4:35 PM, QuietRiot said:

I had been reading a lot of arguments that had been mostly black and white about the effectiveness of masks. You hear how some employees got sick, and anti-maskers screaming, "See, they wore a mask, and THEY got sick" but don't really consider the many moving parts here.

Mainly, the question is...

Would you prefer to get more sick from Covid or less sick?

Mask = less sick

No mask = more sick

It's all about the viral load and the impact it has on whether or not you're wearing a mask..

The viral load.

Mask = less sick, a lot less viral particles get over it in a couple of weeks, like a lot of your friends may have.

No mask = Wind up in a hospital possibly.

It's all about probability.

Basically, if someone sneezes in your direction, you better be wearing a mask, or you'll be in for a world of hurt...esp. if you have underlying conditions.

It's proven that mask wearers are dramatically less likely to get a severe case of Covid 19. That you'll more than likely be asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic. 

You have no understanding of the whole "mask" concept, as demonstrated by that quoted post.

• Author
40 minutes ago, SincereOnlineGuy said:

You have no understanding of the whole "mask" concept, as demonstrated by that quoted post.

Please elaborate. We'd all love to hear you give specifics on how you mean by what you just said.

• 4 weeks later...

This may shock you - I think masks are here to stay, forever. Yup - for the rest of your life when you go out in public, you'll wear a mask.

• Author
21 minutes ago, Fletch Lives said:

This may shock you - I think masks are here to stay, forever. Yup - for the rest of your life when you go out in public, you'll wear a mask.

If that were the case, then people will probably stop wearing them after a certain time frame. They'd be like "F-it...I'm done!" lol

^^^^^^^^^^hey quiet, I just started a new topic on this, please feel free to comment.

Happy Lemming
On 9/1/2020 at 11:19 PM, ajequals said:

no gov offices are open.

Mine are... as evidenced by the "jury duty" notice I've received and can't get out of.

I actually think my local government is full of a bunch of hypocrites, some businesses are closed or restricted, but if they want to drag you down to the court house for jury duty, you'd better show up (under penalty of law).

CaliforniaGirl
7 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

Mine are... as evidenced by the "jury duty" notice I've received and can't get out of.

I actually think my local government is full of a bunch of hypocrites, some businesses are closed or restricted, but if they want to drag you down to the court house for jury duty, you'd better show up (under penalty of law).

I got one too. SoCal here.

7 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

The courts are really backed up here.