Should I move on or try harder?

cutiepieeeee

There is this one guy that I've always found attractive but I've never met him. I always see him when I go out and that's it. However, recently, he started noticing me and I was very happy when he started texting me. He was super flirty, he was giving me compliments and I thought we had it good. When he saw me in the town one night, he hugged me, said: hello gorgeous, and he texted me that night saying how stunning I looked. We were joking about organizing the staring contest because he told me he simply couldnt help but stare every time he saw me. He told me I should pick the time and place for the staring contest and I thought that was the invitation for some kind of a date. I was like: hmm we can do it on monday, you pick the place and he was like: okay, deal. However, nothing happened and I haven't heard from him since then. I was posting ig stories thinking he would reply but nothing. Should I just move on or what? I really thought he liked me tho :\

7 minutes ago, cutiepieeeee said:

I was very happy when he started texting me. 

How did he get your number? Is he single? He seems to flirt a lot, but not ask for a date.

• Author
Just now, Wiseman2 said:

How did he get your number? Is he single? He seems to flirt a lot, but not ask for a date.

He is single and he started texting me on instagram.

Yeah, and that's confusing.

Assuming it's meaningless unless he point blank unequivocally asks you on a date. Everything else is just him playing games.  It's flirty.  It's fun but it's meaningless.  

Do not put your eggs in his basket at this point.  

I think he was was just joking around-don’t think he was trying to lock you down for a date. Just play it cool and wait for him to start flirting again. He’s not gone forever.