Guy never calls just text.

1 minute ago, Azincourt said:

On the other hand, there's a young woman who lives on my street whom I often encounter on my doggy-walks and we stay apart from each other by like 10 feet or whatever, talking to each other from afar with a piece of cloth covering our faces and I feel far more intimate and connected with this person that I can SEE with my own eyes, and hear of with my own ears, than I ever did with that woman with whom I spent so many hours talking on the phone.

Gosh, I really hate phones.

I hate phones too.

• Like 1
Just now, smackie9 said:

I hate phones too.

Phones are nasty pieces of technology that have ruined far more relationships than they have helped create. People are slaves to technology. They can't live without their phones. There's a local couple in their mid 20s who visit my local coffee shop everyday and spend hours there, every time, and every time the woman won't take her eyes and hands off her phone, even when  she's with her long-term boyfriend.

A phone, a cellphone, facebook, instagram, twitter, all that trash created by dudes who were looking to make a quick buck have infiltrated the life of just about everyone and everyone feels that it's normal to sleep with their cellphone glued to their pillow.

No one has time to really know anyone because they're too busy trying to get to know each other via a phone.

Jesus Christ, I'd rather go on a date with 2 sized tables between us with a woman because I KNOW she's real instead of some voice on some hand shoe box than wasting away my life talking to someone for days, weeks, months, even years in some cases, ALL DAY LONG.

• Like 2

I have been on getaways with my girlies, and I will be sitting there wanting to drink and talk but a large portion of the time they are on their phones...I have wondered, what the hell are we even doing here? What's the purpose? I had put my phone away for the whole trip....I felt like such an outcast.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 2

What's wrong with texting . you say more in textings. It's not cheap or anything. You are the one who wants to change him into someone who calls, some of us like texting more than calling and he already asked you twice and you refused that! So, I think he should be the one posting here complaining of a girl who gave excuses to go out with him twice..-red flags!

20 hours ago, Azincourt said:

Phones are nasty pieces of technology that have ruined far more relationships than they have helped create. People are slaves to technology. They can't live without their phones. There's a local couple in their mid 20s who visit my local coffee shop everyday and spend hours there, every time, and every time the woman won't take her eyes and hands off her phone, even when  she's with her long-term boyfriend.

A phone, a cellphone, facebook, instagram, twitter, all that trash created by dudes who were looking to make a quick buck have infiltrated the life of just about everyone and everyone feels that it's normal to sleep with their cellphone glued to their pillow.

No one has time to really know anyone because they're too busy trying to get to know each other via a phone.

Jesus Christ, I'd rather go on a date with 2 sized tables between us with a woman because I KNOW she's real instead of some voice on some hand shoe box than wasting away my life talking to someone for days, weeks, months, even years in some cases, ALL DAY LONG.

You can't accept technology and technology will leave you behind!

With every technology, humans lives changed for good..

If you can't be part of this society with it's use of phones and technology, then you are an outlier, you are not part of the matrix.

Definitely it's your choice, but don't through all the blame on technology of ruining relationships and what not.

Before technology, it was poverty and ignorance

before that, it was sickness and wars.

Yeah, you can want the old days all you want, but the old days were also bad and gloomy !

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author

Sooo quick update. I think I may just need to cut my losses with this one.. He went out of town this weekend and on Friday said he might call me on the way down.. I didn't hear anything from him at all this weekend. Yesterday he text of course then last night he was talking about picking another date to meet up and I haven't heard from him since. No text at all today. Not sure why the hot and cold act but it definitely seems like he clearly has something going on. There's nothing wrong with texting some but I feel when you really want to know someone you pick up the phone more than twice and if you can't there is usually a reason. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Yungstagurl said:

Sooo quick update. I think I may just need to cut my losses with this one.. He went out of town this weekend and on Friday said he might call me on the way down.. I didn't hear anything from him at all this weekend. Yesterday he text of course then last night he was talking about picking another date to meet up and I haven't heard from him since. No text at all today. Not sure why the hot and cold act but it definitely seems like he clearly has something going on. There's nothing wrong with texting some but I feel when you really want to know someone you pick up the phone more than twice and if you can't there is usually a reason. 

Yeah. He's just not that interested in getting to know you better. It's ok. That's how dating works. 
I agree that when you want to know someone you pick up the phone more than twice to call and arrange a date to get together. 
You'll meet another guy who will be more interested in spending time with you. Just give it time. *hugs*

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Before I met my boyfriend I ALWAYS could tell if a guy was more serious because he would call AND text to keep in contact, vs just text. Guys text to keep things more casual because they know girl's value a phone call and hearing someone's voice and it's more of a "relationship" thing to do. Even guys who hate the phone (like my boyfriend) will get their butts on the phone. I spent hours on the phone with my boyfriend early on and he still calls me 3 years later even though he can't stand the talking on the phone. 

If this guy isn't picking up the phone he probably wants something more casual. Did he tell you he was looking for a relationship? I figured out that most guys who were looking for a girlfriend/long term relationship actually flat out TOLD me that's what they wanted. I didn't have to tell them or badger them about it. They offered it up. 

Edited by boymommy
On 9/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, Yungstagurl said:

He probably met someone else. When guys went fell off the map like that its usually because they were talking to other women and just liked someone else better. It happens a lot with online dating. 

• Like 1

So he asked to meet several times and you rejected him. I'm surprised he's even texting you at this point 🙄

• Like 1

Funniest thing in this thread is "LAN line." There were no LANs back in the 70s and 80s. It was a LANDLINE because it was literally copper phone cables buried in the ground.  

Happy Lemming
12 minutes ago, Crazelnut said:

Funniest thing in this thread is "LAN line." There were no LANs...

I utilize my LAN (high speed internet) as the connection for my VOIP (voice over internet protocol) phone line.  Would that be considered LAN line or a LAND line??

It's not great and has some drawbacks, but it's very inexpensive.

3 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

I utilize my LAN (high speed internet) as the connection for my VOIP (voice over internet protocol) phone line.  Would that be considered LAN line or a LAND line??

It's not great and has some drawbacks, but it's very inexpensive.

Yeah yeah. 😁

• Like 1