does anyone know anything about hypoglycemia?

totally uneducated

totally uneducated

help! my dr. told me i have subclinical hypoglycemia and left me at that! he did a glocose tolerance test for one hour and it came out negative.....i am not diabetic either..

then as of late i have been getting these attacks where i am totally weak and starving and cannot get enough to eat to get over the shaking and weakness.

i don't even know what to eat for this and the doc. offered no suggestions either. i can find very little at the library except long details about what it is but not what to eat to "PREVENT" these attacks.

i get so scared when they happen, i need to prevent them. i exercise and eat healthy for the most part and i sleep good, so i don't understand what is going on!

i'm scared tho, does this mean i will get diabetes later? please help! sorry for coming here, i don't know where else to go, obviously my dr. is a moron! thank you

Bobby Dygytul

http://content.health.msn.com/content/asset/adam_disease_insulin_shock

help! my dr. told me i have subclinical hypoglycemia and left me at that! he did a glocose tolerance test for one hour and it came out negative.....i am not diabetic either.. then as of late i have been getting these attacks where i am totally weak and starving and cannot get enough to eat to get over the shaking and weakness. i don't even know what to eat for this and the doc. offered no suggestions either. i can find very little at the library except long details about what it is but not what to eat to "PREVENT" these attacks. i get so scared when they happen, i need to prevent them. i exercise and eat healthy for the most part and i sleep good, so i don't understand what is going on! i'm scared tho, does this mean i will get diabetes later? please help! sorry for coming here, i don't know where else to go, obviously my dr. is a moron! thank you

Hypoglycemia, otherwise known as low blood sugar, is a precursor to diabetes and should be treated immediately through diet and exercise.

You can get mounds of information on this simply by entering: "low blood sugar" (without the quotation marks) in any good search engine. I recommend www.google.com

Either you have wax in your ears or your doctor is HIGHLY incompetent if he did not explain this malady to you in vivid detail. Subclinical hypoglycemia is basically borderline low blood sugar.

You need to eliminate most of your intake of foods with simple sugars, such as all kinds of deserts, all types of soft drinks, ice cream, cookies, candies, etc.; minimize your intake of starchs and carbohydrate foods (complex carbohydrates) that body enzymes break down and convert to sugar, such as breads, potatoes, rice, cereal. etc. Even fruit such as oranges have a good measure of convertible sugar. Avoid a lot of orange juice, which the body will quickly convert to sugar.

Concentrate on eating fresh vegetables, salads, meat, poultry, fish (any good protein sources), beans, etc.

Eat lower volume meals more often during the day so your blood sugar level is maintained at a fairly constant level. Avoid stress and get as much exercise as possible. Keep your weight to that which is considered normal for your height. You can find this information by entering: "body mass index" or "BMI" in your search engine.

If you do this, you will eliminate your problem totally and be able to resume a normal diet. However, because you are inclined to get hypoglycemia, you must keep your weight down, excercise and keep your intake of fatty and foods containing sugar to a minimum throughout your life.

For those predisposed to hypoglycemia, the tendency to get this increases with age so your diet must be lifelong.

Good book stores have excellent publications on hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) that will be extremely helpful in giving you a full understanding of this condition and in helping you better treat it.

Your doctor should be reported to your local medical association for failing to properly inform you in this matter. In his defense, he may not have considered it critical at this time. Further, I strongly urge you to switch doctors to a more competent MD in the Internal Medicine field.

You need to have your blood sugar tested at least once every six months and have a full physical once a year performed by a GOOD medical doctor, other than this moron you already went to.

WARNING: Any diet you go on should be initiated and monitored by a licensed and competent medical doctor. Treating yourself on your own without assistance is insane. Your diet should be adjusted for you personally, depending on the extent of your condition. SEE A GOOD DOCTOR.

totally uneducated

thank you tony for all the helpful advice. i am on my way now to google.com and then to barnes and noble to buy a couple books on this subject. i thought that exercising was dangerous when you have this but i'm hoping it is not because i enjoy working out but have missed this whole week because of work.

i don't understand this thing at al, all i know is that i get so weak and shaky when i don't eat enough and at regular times.

today i hate eaten three meals by ten a.m. and was still not feeling right so i had another big grilled chicken sand. and orange juice from subway and that finally helped for a while then i had to eat again.

the worst thing about this is, it seems to take the rest of the day to get my barrings back again, i spend the rest of the day feeling like crap dispite how much i eat.

my dr. didn't think much of the whole thing because my glucose test was normal, he just said to eat frequently and small meals and sent me home.

i am looking for a new clinic anyway, but i have no insurance and am not eligible through the county for help either because i make too much money? yeah right, here if you make over $300.00 you do not qualify.

well thank you for the advice, i hope to God i do not have another day like this one in a long long long time, preferable not ever would be better, but now that i am more educated about it hopefully i can ward any future attacks off. thank you again

Hypoglycemia, otherwise known as low blood sugar, is a precursor to diabetes and should be treated immediately through diet and exercise.

You can get mounds of information on this simply by entering: "low blood sugar" (without the quotation marks) in any good search engine. I recommend www.google.com Either you have wax in your ears or your doctor is HIGHLY incompetent if he did not explain this malady to you in vivid detail. Subclinical hypoglycemia is basically borderline low blood sugar. You need to eliminate most of your intake of foods with simple sugars, such as all kinds of deserts, all types of soft drinks, ice cream, cookies, candies, etc.; minimize your intake of starchs and carbohydrate foods (complex carbohydrates) that body enzymes break down and convert to sugar, such as breads, potatoes, rice, cereal. etc. Even fruit such as oranges have a good measure of convertible sugar. Avoid a lot of orange juice, which the body will quickly convert to sugar. Concentrate on eating fresh vegetables, salads, meat, poultry, fish (any good protein sources), beans, etc. Eat lower volume meals more often during the day so your blood sugar level is maintained at a fairly constant level. Avoid stress and get as much exercise as possible. Keep your weight to that which is considered normal for your height. You can find this information by entering: "body mass index" or "BMI" in your search engine. If you do this, you will eliminate your problem totally and be able to resume a normal diet. However, because you are inclined to get hypoglycemia, you must keep your weight down, excercise and keep your intake of fatty and foods containing sugar to a minimum throughout your life. For those predisposed to hypoglycemia, the tendency to get this increases with age so your diet must be lifelong. Good book stores have excellent publications on hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) that will be extremely helpful in giving you a full understanding of this condition and in helping you better treat it. Your doctor should be reported to your local medical association for failing to properly inform you in this matter. In his defense, he may not have considered it critical at this time. Further, I strongly urge you to switch doctors to a more competent MD in the Internal Medicine field. You need to have your blood sugar tested at least once every six months and have a full physical once a year performed by a GOOD medical doctor, other than this moron you already went to. WARNING: Any diet you go on should be initiated and monitored by a licensed and competent medical doctor. Treating yourself on your own without assistance is insane. Your diet should be adjusted for you personally, depending on the extent of your condition. SEE A GOOD DOCTOR.