Does anyone know which covid phone app this is?

For my job, I do a lot of traveling and they want me have this app on my phone where when you go into a building,  you take a photograph of a sign in the building, with your phone, and then that send out information that you were in that building, just in case.

However, I cannot find this app anywhere, and the person who knows what it is, in my job has been unavailable.  Does anyone know what this app is called, or has anyone heard of this by any chance?  I tried looking it up but covid alert apps come up, which is not the same thing.

• Author
1 hour ago, clia said:

Ask your boss.  No one here can possibly know what specific app your company is using.

okay thanks. I asked, but the boss says it should be on the phone to begin with and he doesn't know what to do if it's not there. He says it's part of the phone and not something you download separately.

59 minutes ago, ironpony said:

okay thanks. I asked, but the boss says it should be on the phone to begin with and he doesn't know what to do if it's not there. He says it's part of the phone and not something you download separately.

So tell him it isn't on your phone.  Or tell the person who gave you the phone that it isn't on the phone.     

• Author

Well I asked a co-worker, and apparently it's not an app.  You take a picture of the sign with your phone camera, and then a website having to do with covid, is suppose to pop up on your phone and you tell them that you are visiting that area.  But no website pops up when I take the photo.  What then, or why isn't it, compared to other workers' phones?

CaliforniaGirl
1 hour ago, ironpony said:

Well I asked a co-worker, and apparently it's not an app.  You take a picture of the sign with your phone camera, and then a website having to do with covid, is suppose to pop up on your phone and you tell them that you are visiting that area.  But no website pops up when I take the photo.  What then, or why isn't it, compared to other workers' phones?

I have never heard of this. Are you trying to find out whether anyone in the area has been diagnosed with covid?

• Author

So the thing is, is that where I live in Canada, all these businesses have signs in their buildings that they want you to photograph, and that taking the photo will cause your phone to send the information that you have been there to a covid website, that tells you you have been there.

The company I work for has a policy that for every building we enter while on the job, we must photograph their signs which will send in the information to that site that we were there.  Only my phone is not sending in the information after I photograph the signs.  Does that make sense?

• Author

Well I take a picture of the sign and frame it so that the sign takes up most of the frame, but am I doing it wrong?

• Author
7 hours ago, elaine567 said:

Are you logged into your company account?

I am not sure, if I am at that time, I can make sure I am logged in and then try it.

• Like 1