Facing judgement for sending daughter back to school

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

I'm a parent.

Every parent knows that we could be the Madonna draped in blue and somebody would have something negative to say.

quoting for truth

• Like 1
  • Author
On 10/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, Wiseman2 said:

You need to stop obsessing about SAHM, your ex-husband's, their wives, etc. it sounds like you are angry about that. If you feel this harassed by male coworkers, report it. Why can't you simply accept that she WANTS to go to school?

I'm not obsessing over them, I'm just saying that that's most likely the case because I can't imagine how else they would be surprised by someone having to send their kid to school.

I've faced a lot of ridiculous comments by my male co-workers over the years. It's not harassment or anything to report, but just them being surprised at normal parenting situations, especially single parenting.

I have no other women, let alone mothers with young children, on my corporate level, only men, so can't really vent about this to anyone at work.

And about her wanting to go to school - I don't know how things are in your state, but a lot of people here think that it doesn't matter what the children want, we need to keep them safe and that includes keeping them at home until things improve and the numbers stop rising.

25 minutes ago, noelle303 said:

on my corporate level

That includes keeping them at home until things improve and the numbers stop rising.

Hire a nanny and tutors. What other options do you have?

Edited by Wiseman2