Wife in affair and wants divorce

5 hours ago, nhraracer90 said:

Are you still going through it right now? 

Yes it’s been 5 weeks since she left me on September 24th and now she spends a lot of time with him I heard

Edited by Alvin85
  • Author
3 minutes ago, Alvin85 said:

Yes it’s been 5 weeks since she left me on September 24th and now she spends a lot of time with him I heard

Yup mine left about 6 weeks ago and moved in with her sister in law and brother. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Well the divorce was finalized yesterday. She just took some extra money but no spousal support, no retirements broken up and I keep the house. So I made out good financially. When we were walking out she said “if you ever need me you know I’m here” then gave me a hug and kiss (on the lips) 🤯

• 4 weeks later...

Good for you.  Now if things go wrong for her don't let down your guard and take her right back! You may be tempted but it will end up right back here where you left off.

• Like 1
On 10/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, nhraracer90 said:

When she moved out, she took all of our wedding photos, wedding album & her wedding dress. Why??? Guilt??

Doesn’t this just sound like a stereotypical case of cheating and thinking the grass is greener?

Sorry I'm late to the party here... but yes.  Sounds like a typical cheater.  They can't be to blame for anything, and they have to "Demonize" you to justify what they are doing.  You have to be the bad person, and drove her into someone else's arms.  

I don't know why she would want the wedding pics... my exW took them also.  I didn't care because I don't want to be reminded that someone I thought was "Family" could betray me the way she did.

Anyway... I'm glad it's already done, and you came out on top.  It will still hurt for a while, but you will eventually move on, and be happy again. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 9:09 PM, nhraracer90 said:

Well the divorce was finalized yesterday. She just took some extra money but no spousal support, no retirements broken up and I keep the house. So I made out good financially. When we were walking out she said “if you ever need me you know I’m here” then gave me a hug and kiss (on the lips) 🤯

She is smart, wants to keep you as a back-up plan. Don't fall for that crap. 

• Like 2
On 11/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, nhraracer90 said:

Eww, you should have backed away from her kiss.  There is no telling where her mouth has been.

• Like 1
Commongoal123

Unless I missed it, I haven't read anything about anyone addressing her depression.  Is she medicated for it?  Sometimes medication can suddenly have adverse effects even after working for years.

I mean none of this with shame, but when there are mental health challenges in a partner, medication or not, sometimes completely out of character things happen.

At the end of the day, this sucks OP.  I am sorry you're experiencing this.  That said... people who do 180s are capable of doing more 180s...

But keep moving forward with the divorce.  Once reality sets in for her she'll understand what she's done.  I.e. she left a lifelong partner for a guy who lives with his parents.  She gonna move in with them too?...

• 3 weeks later...

You dodged a bullet.   You got out relatively cheap.  Could have been a lot worse.   NEVER take her back  under any circumstances.   Go completely dark on her.   Act like she no longer exists and you will be happier for it.   Brighter days are ahead.