Social media

So I have a question would you be mad at ur spouse being on twitter , or any social media..So I been dating my bf 7 months now and before I met him I started a twitter account and I’m like a social influence..My audience is men I do sports where I tweet out my plays .So I have to do video for my account and my bf doesn’t like it very much ..I’m not talking to anyone else , I treat my bf very very good . I love the guy and he knows it ..All I want him is to support me I’m not talking about money . I been on twitter for over a year now and I have a marketing company that has help me built my account up . I’m making some money off of twitter but he has a problem with it ..I have even told him I will show him the messages on there because I got nothing to hide ..He is mad because I don’t sent him videos ..I have started to make some money on twitter so I see it as work . I don’t know what to do anymore ..

You will have to make a choice.  End the relationship or end the Tweets.  

But in all honesty, while you have every right to earn a living as you choose, not many men would be cool with their girlfriend putting out videos to cultivate a male audience.  

• Author
5 minutes ago, basil67 said:

You will have to make a choice.  End the relationship or end the Tweets.  

But in all honesty, while you have every right to earn a living as you choose, not many men would be cool with their girlfriend putting out videos to cultivate a male audience.  

I understand what u are saying , but I’m not showing off my body or boobs  .it’s a harmless video with my picks for the games ..it’s nothing like these girls who shaking there asses lol on TikTok haha . But then again he did like his friend video of her shaking her ass on Instagram 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Star_one said:

I been dating my bf 7 so. I have to do video for my account and my bf doesn’t like it very much ..

28 weeks dating is enough time to see red flags🚩 like controlling and possessive behaviors.

You need to end it, not explain or defend yourself to this guy.

Never confuse jealousy with caring.

The best thing to do is take over control of your own life, tell this guy it's not working out then delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Star_one said:

So I have a question would you be mad at ur spouse being on twitter , or any social media..So I been dating my bf 7 months now and before I met him I started a twitter account and I’m like a social influence..My audience is men I do sports where I tweet out my plays .So I have to do video for my account and my bf doesn’t like it very much ..I’m not talking to anyone else , I treat my bf very very good . I love the guy and he knows it ..All I want him is to support me I’m not talking about money . I been on twitter for over a year now and I have a marketing company that has help me built my account up . I’m making some money off of twitter but he has a problem with it ..I have even told him I will show him the messages on there because I got nothing to hide ..He is mad because I don’t sent him videos ..I have started to make some money on twitter so I see it as work . I don’t know what to do anymore ..

Why doesn't he just look at your twitter feed?    That way he can see videos, the messages, and up your follower count :) 

Yes this is your business so he needs to accept it or move on, his problem not yours.  So you demographic is mostly men, duh it's sports related.  I guess he could be uncomfortable with how salacious it may be (which may not be much, don't know the sport) and there is always the creepoid threat with your audience but really it sounds more like controlling jealousy.  What if you were an actress or fashion model?  Would he only be OK dating you until you got famous?

If he can't handle someone who makes a living through the media he needs to move on.

When he has set up an irrevocable trust in your name to provide for your worldly needs then he has a leg to stand on to tell you how to financially support yourself.

Ruby Slippers

You had the accounts and were doing this stuff when he met you, right? One shouldn't get involved with people who make a living on social media if they're not OK with it.

• Author
8 hours ago, Ruby Slippers said:

You had the accounts and were doing this stuff when he met you, right? One shouldn't get involved with people who make a living on social media if they're not OK with it.

Yes I been doing this before I met my bf and he know about it ..

• Author
8 hours ago, SumGuy said:

Why doesn't he just look at your twitter feed?    That way he can see videos, the messages, and up your follower count :) 

Yes this is your business so he needs to accept it or move on, his problem not yours.  So you demographic is mostly men, duh it's sports related.  I guess he could be uncomfortable with how salacious it may be (which may not be much, don't know the sport) and there is always the creepoid threat with your audience but really it sounds more like controlling jealousy.  What if you were an actress or fashion model?  Would he only be OK dating you until you got famous?

If he can't handle someone who makes a living through the media he needs to move on.

When he has set up an irrevocable trust in your name to provide for your worldly needs then he has a leg to stand on to tell you how to financially support yourself.

He doesn’t pay any of my bills or rent ..I don’t ask for money from him ..I do it on my own ..I have started to make money off Twitter and all I ask from him is his support ..my past relationships all I did was support my ex on his business or stuff he wanted to do .why can’t I have someone who supports me 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

On 11/10/2020 at 9:23 PM, Star_one said:

He doesn’t pay any of my bills or rent ..I don’t ask for money from him ..I do it on my own ..I have started to make money off Twitter and all I ask from him is his support ..my past relationships all I did was support my ex on his business or stuff he wanted to do .why can’t I have someone who supports me 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I know, just so you know I was supporting you on this.    My examples of him paying etc. was more when he got to that level then he would have one leg to stand on...and even then I would say just because someone pays bills doesn't mean they own you.