Losing interest in a person because of their past dating experiences?

39 minutes ago, Acacia98 said:

How can you be sure the guys you like are this way? Many people are discreet and don't advertise to the whole world the full list of people they have slept with. 

There is no way to be sure.  No man with two brain cells to rub together is ever gonna admit to banging random chicks for fun, especially to a woman he is seeking a relationship with.  

If you're concerned, get tested, make sure he's clean and go from there.  Trust that if he ever did use such indiscretion in the past, he's over it now!  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1

shortskirts, I gotta run, fiance and I heading to mountains😁,  but before I go, just wanna say I think you're fine.

When I casually dated, only a few dates in and didn't want to go further, with the exception of the man I spoke about earlier with whom I ended it in person, I would send a text and block too.

As we both agree, in many cases, it saved the endless back and forth, questions, arguments, which as we both know can become draining, annoying and a huge PITA.  

And I have an extremely strong conscience and tons of empathy, as I'm sure you do as well, but come on it was only a few dates, we are all grownups. 

And it's not like you ghosted him and left him hanging.  You gave him a heads up and hell, you hadn't even had one date! 

So I think you're fine and NO I do not think this is a "trick thread," you are simply a woman trying to navigate the scene as best she can. 

Have fun!  And be sure to keep us updated!  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
On 11/11/2020 at 3:44 AM, Shortskirtslonglashes said:

Just to be clear, this doesn’t bother me because I plan on marrying him. This bothers me on a fundamental lvl. My strong attraction to someone decreasing to almost 0 because of who they are attracted to. 

It is kind of judgmental on your part.  This women may be decent enough to him in the moment and certainly interesting for causal.   Just because she is dumb doesn't mean she can't be nice or interesting on a certain level.  You were also not there in the moment(s).  Seems like a lot of assumptions or subconscious jealousy to get from 60 to 0 so fast.  Let alone the idea that people sometimes do things they later regret, it's one way we learn.

Agree though if you can't get past it to not date him.

• Like 1
On 11/11/2020 at 6:14 AM, Shortskirtslonglashes said:

Dunno what I was supposed to say. 
“Sorry. You had casual sex with bimbos before we met. I’m no longer interested”?

Yes.  It would have been the above board thing to do as it was the reason.  Why not say it and then block if you didn't want to get into a back and forth on it?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mystery4me said:

@poppyfields You now have OP liking every single comment because you mentioned she didn't😁

Huh?  I never mentioned that she didn't "like" posts, shortskirts/cookies has always "liked" or "thanked" every post on her threads.  

You're mixing this thread up with a different thread - miss2017's thread in the Dating section.  It was in that thread where I mentioned the OP (miss2017) had not liked or thanked anyone's posts.  😄

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

Huh?  I never mentioned that she didn't "like" posts, shortskirts/cookies has always "liked" or "thanked" every post on her threads.  

You're mixing this thread up with a different thread - miss2017's thread in the Dating section.  It was in that thread where I mentioned the OP (miss2017) had not liked or thanked anyone's posts.  😄

Oh yea you are right my bad 😝

• Thanks 1