Wife dresses inappropriately around house guests?

Hello all! I want to get a second opinion. My wife and i are both in our 20s. We have a home with a swimming pool and we have many get togethers and friends/neighbors over. When they tend to be mostly male, my wife wears a thong bikini or revealing clothing like tiny shorts or tights shirts with no bra. She does have breast implants and nipple piercings, which makes it more revealing. Sometimes she'll already have guests over when i get home. Should i say anything to her or have an issue with it? Idk? 

Edited by Riverman2000

I'm guessing this is who you married.  If your wife is the same person then this is a you problem.  Marriage doesn't change people and you shouldn't expect it to.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yes true. But her attire has changed over the years. And she didn't have fake boobs when we got married. We never really had parties or guests over before. She is more social and outgoing now.

Edited by Riverman2000
Bonifidelifelover

why don’t u just bring this up to her??? It’s definitely inappropriate. & disrespectful to u! 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3
  • Author

Well i brought up her tops/blouses once and said i was being controlling. But since, then her attire hasn't gotten more revealing, which makes me think i should bring it up again. Or am i being controlling? 

• Author

No she didn't dress like this when we were dating or first married. She was more conservative, Which raises my curiosity 

Edited by Riverman2000
Bonifidelifelover
1 hour ago, Riverman2000 said:

Well i brought up her tops/blouses once and said i was being controlling. But since, then her attire hasn't gotten more revealing, which makes me think i should bring it up again. Or am i being controlling? 

Nope not controlling. It’s disrespectful & u hv every right to express ur discomfort about it. 

27 minutes ago, Riverman2000 said:

, Which raises my curiosity 

Curiosity about what? Showing off her body modifications? At some level you're on board with this.

By the time you get home from work?   What time do you get home?

Where does she find all these men who she invites over?  Whey are they able to spend afternoons swimming and partying with your wife instead of working?   What do their partners think about them having a men's gathering with your wife?   What happens when you get home?

Trying to make sense of it all .

• Like 2
  • Author

I usually get home by 7. I work at an accounting firm. Sometimes work late. She works part time as a bartender. This doesn't happen daily. It's usually our roommates friends that are over.

I wouldn't be happy if my wife was walking around in a thong with male guest. I'd certainly say something. another rule would be No male guest unless I'm there. Your asking for trouble if that remains in play

Edited by ajequals

OK, so it's not so much "we" invite people over, but the roommate does.   Perhaps the roommate has outstayed his welcome.

Regarding being controlling, expressing a preference isn't controlling.   Making unilateral house roles and asking or expecting her to change is controlling.   How far do you want to push it?   

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1

To be honest you have every right to have this discussion with her. Start it by saying “ I would like to let you know that it’s uncomfortable for me when you wear revealing clothes around our friends, I’m letting you know how I feel and I’m not trying to be controlling , it  just makes me feel uncomfortable “ . Then listen to what she has to say . Let her know that you don’t mind her dressing this way when it’s just the two of you but around other friends it’s uncomfortable for you. Ask her when guests are around can you please wear less revealing clothes because those are our friends we want to respect them. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Riverman2000 said:

our roommates 

Why do you live with roommates? You're supposedly an accountant and you can afford breast implants but not your own place?

If this story is true what's the problem? What are you going to do, tell her to wear frumpy sweats? 

Then you would be  starting a bunch of threads about how you never get to see the boobs you wasted your money on.

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 3
  • Author
5 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Why do you live with roommates? You're supposedly an accountant and you can afford breast implants but not your own place?

If you must know, i have a lot of debt and financially we need a roommate at the moment. And i don't want to tell him he can't have friends visit.

Edited by Riverman2000
  • Author
15 minutes ago, ajequals said:

I wouldn't be happy if my wife was walking around in a thong with male guest. I'd certainly say something. another rule would be No male guest unless I'm there. Your asking for trouble if that remains in play

Agreed, but i don't want to tell our roommate, who is older than us, that he cant have his friends visit. He does pay rent. ???

7 minutes ago, Riverman2000 said:

If you must know, i have a lot of debt and financially we need a roommate at the moment. And i don't want to tell him he can't have friends visit.

Ok, so it's your fault you have to share a place and have people over.

• Like 2

Inappropriate isn't really a word I'd use, rather mildly concerning. She no doubt wants to show off her body, and in some sense it's reasonable (albeit shallow in my opinion) that she will do so.

It depends on what her intention is. If she's doing it simply for the ego boost, as I said it's shallow but not overly harmful. But if there's any sense that she's looking for a bit more than that, then there is a much bigger problem.

Here's a thought: if you decided you would go to the gym and get yourself seriously ripped, would you also want to show it off a bit? Is there a way she's doing so that you wouldn't do?

• Like 1

She is teasing them maybe she just wants to sensationalise but not get in the game. She must think teasing is not such a big deal. But it is a powder-keg.  

• Like 3
  • Author
5 minutes ago, snowboy91 said:

Here's a thought: if you decided you would go to the gym and get yourself seriously ripped, would you also want to show it off a bit? Is there a way she's doing so that you wouldn't do?

True...good point. But I'm my wife wouldn't be ok with me in a speedo with girls over when she wasn't home, but i get what you're saying. And her excuse is "well i didn't invite them over. They're Jason's (roommate) friends" and i wouldn't be surprised if he purposely invites them over, to show his old buddies and hangout 

Edited by Riverman2000
  • Author
7 minutes ago, deepthinking said:

She is teasing them maybe she just wants to sensationalise but not get in the game. She must think teasing is not such a big deal. But it is a powder-keg.  

I don't think she's cheated, but one never knows i guess. She never seemed like the type 

• Like 1

It's her house and she can walk around however she wants.  If you don't want male roommates, get rid of them.

You're being silly. She's at home, not prancing around town topless.Get a grip

• Like 2
  • Author
11 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It's her house and she can walk around however she wants.  If you don't want male roommates, get rid of them.

You're being silly. She's at home, not prancing around town topless.Get a grip

Well prouncing around at home topless or in thong bikini infront of men i dont think is ok either. And older men at that. I mean nothing against older men, our roommate and his friends are significantly older than her.

Edited by Riverman2000

You need to get rid of the roommates or get your jealousy under control.

Wearing skimpy swimsuits in her own home is normal. It's her right to do so.

• Like 4