Oxford University Covid 19 Vaccine: effective, cheap, easy to store and transport

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55040635

"The announcement today takes us another step closer to the time when we can use vaccines to bring an end to the devastation caused by [the virus]," said the vaccine's architect, Prof Sarah Gilbert.

The UK government has pre-ordered 100 million doses of the Oxford vaccine, and AstraZeneca says it will make three billion doses for the world next year.

good to see some more breakthroughs ,

perhaps this particular vaccine will be slightly easier distribute,

I remain hesitant about taking any of them but perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel and a return to normality is in sight.

• Like 2
  • Author

There was concern that some nations won't be able to afford the immunisations, especially if this is going to be a yearly thing, so this looks favourable.

I shall take it if it becomes available; I've had my life! 🤣

• Author
1 hour ago, major_merrick said:

And have they disclosed an ingredients list?🤮

https://www.ovg.ox.ac.uk/news/covid-19-vaccine-development is the details so far. 

A chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector (ChAdOx1), developed at Oxford’s Jenner Institute, was chosen as the most suitable vaccine technology for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as it can generate a strong immune response from one dose and it is not a replicating virus, so it cannot cause an ongoing infection in the vaccinated individual. This also makes it safer to give to children, the elderly and anyone with a pre-existing condition such as diabetes. Chimpanzee adenoviral vectors are a very well-studied vaccine type, having been used safely in thousands of subjects, from 1 week to 90 years of age, in vaccines targeting over 10 different diseases. 

• Like 1