Was it all a lie?

So my boyfriend and I became exclusive on December 21, 2019. He has 3 teenagers, and is recently divorced. He and I agreed that I should move in with him the end of September 2020. Up until this point we only had small things happen here and there involving Grindr (A gay hook-up app), that I had forgiven him for; or so I thought. In October, he took a pre-planned trip with his family to Colorado for his brothers wedding. When he returned, I noticed small things that sparked my paranoia. I've been hurt many times before so I notice the stupid small things. On Halloween, he gave me his phone to use his Samsung pay to gas up his daughters car, and I decided to put my paranoia to rest and snooped; that's when the gates where opened. I found E-mails dating back to December 23, 2019-yes, 2 days after we started exclusively dating. with the most recent E-mail having been days before, planning a hook-up in my boyfriends office for the week after Halloween. With finding this, I decided to snoop through his work phone and found that he had downloaded Grindr..again. He had conversations on there planning hook-ups while in Colorado and after he got back. I did confront him with the printed emails and screenshots of the Grindr conversations. His excuses ranged from "Liking the attention"-Mind you I'm a very affectionate and I gave him all of my attention. He also said that it was because it would be easier if I left because he hurt me instead of me hurting him and leaving. Can a relationship recover from one party having cheated basically throughout the entire relationship? I've tried to move on, but I have no desire to be intimate with him. Every time he makes a comment about "Commitment" I have to physically bite my tongue to keep from making low and petty comments it not having been important before. Any advice, tips, and wisdom are greatly appreciated! 

Dude, run! Why on earth would you want to stay with a serial cheater? You can never trust him again. Dig up some self respect and dump him. 

• Like 1

You are thinking too much about how things were before the paranoia sat in/discovery of infidelity. That's dust now, it's time to get away from the grips of a serial cheater...there is no moving forward.

Edited by smackie9
15 hours ago, Hoejamo09 said:

Can a relationship recover from one party having cheated basically throughout the entire relationship?

Not without the daily killing of one's soul in order to stay.

Dude has a cheating disposition.  Remain at your own emotional peril.

forlornrabbit

I am so sorry this happened to you. I would have to agree with the other's- it is time to bail. There is no signs of remorse from this man- you caught him before and forgave him and he is still exhibiting the same behavior.