LeGenDary_Man

COVID-19 affected my home in previous year. My mother was most affected and had to be hospitalized for recovery.

I got it as well but I did not develop significant symptoms. I lost my sense of taste for 2 days at worse.

All in my household including myself are vaccinated since.

Edited by LeGenDary_Man

I think I may have run out of luck with dodging it.  I took a home test yesterday that was negative, but I have a scratchy throat, headache and fatigue.  The guy I'm involved with tested positive yesterday and we were both exposed to someone Sunday who has it now.  Several others in my work and social groups have had it recently.

I'm hoping our vaccines and two boosters each keep it mild.  

• Sad 1

Tested again this afternoon, now it's positive.  

Everyone needs to be careful, we seem to be in an upswing again.  

Happy Lemming
34 minutes ago, FMW said:

Tested again this afternoon, now it's positive.  

Everyone needs to be careful, we seem to be in an upswing again.  

How do you feel??  Are your symptoms getting any worse or do you feel about the same?? 

I don't feel any worse than I did yesterday, I'm hoping my vaccine and 2 boosters keep it mild.  My guy unfortunately does feel worse.  He's contacting his doctor to see if he can get a prescription for something to decrease his symptoms.

Happy Lemming
9 minutes ago, FMW said:

I don't feel any worse than I did yesterday, I'm hoping my vaccine and 2 boosters keep it mild.  My guy unfortunately does feel worse.  He's contacting his doctor to see if he can get a prescription for something to decrease his symptoms.

Hang in there...

I do think there is a new oral pill that the doctor may be able to prescribe for your guy.  I saw some commercial for it on TV.  If I see the commercial again, I'll try to write down the name of it.

• Like 1

Paxlovid.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-pharmacists-prescribe-paxlovid-certain-limitations#:~:text=Today%2C the U.S. Food and,assessment and prescribing of Paxlovid.

A friend has type 1 diabetes, and as she can't take the oral pills, she had antibodies administered through an IV.

Get better soon FMW!

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Happy Lemming

"This morning, President Biden tested positive for COVID-19."  Apparently, this news came out yesterday.

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/07/21/statement-from-press-secretary-karine-jean-pierre/

So it appears we have now had two (sitting) presidents who have contracted Covid-19.

23 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

"This morning, President Biden tested positive for COVID-19." 

Terrible that even with full vaccination and  boosters he contracted covid. It's surging again (with variants) so it's unclear why people (vaccinated or not) are running around without masks on

Happy Lemming
55 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

...so it's unclear why people (vaccinated or not) are running around without masks on

"V" and I just got back from the grocery store and there were a few more people with masks on today (including the two of us).

You are correct, though... the vast majority are not wearing masks.

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

"V" and I just got back from the grocery store and there were a few more people with masks on today (including the two of us).

You are correct, though... the vast majority are not wearing masks.

Excellent. You two are smart. I still wear one too.

Lotsgoingon

Went to my favorite local cafe today. This is a place that has been pickup only since the start of the pandemic--seating and ordering in only resumed say two months ago. Now, the cafe has a lot of tables. They keep adding tables each week or so. And people are sitting in, no mask in sight. 

Anyway, this was a hard-core masking community. Well no longer. As a friend of mine ironically said once, "Covid doesn't exist." What he meant was that people are acting as if covid didn't exist. This latest variant is increasing hospitalization and deaths pretty fast, but I guess the general public is worn out. I still wear a mask. I have a great N95 mask that I love that I carry in my back pocket. Whip it out when I got inside .

Interesting: lots of U.S. manufacturers who jumped into the mask making market are winding down.

@Lotsgoingon I'm seeing a lot of this where I am too.   Despite being one who follows the protocols, I too am worn out.  The general feeling is that we've done the hard yards while vaccines got made and hospitals got geared up - but it's clearly not going away, so we really are at the stage of having to live with it.  

Edited by basil67
Lotsgoingon

And I too am worn out. 

I plan to go out to cafes with my laptop which I haven't done since the start of things. I'll drink my coffee ... and then wear my mask when I'm done.  I used to live at coffee shops, and seriously, my mood has taken a hit from staying away. Won't be in these places every day. But we'll see. 

Edited by Lotsgoingon