what's the longest infatuation with a person can last?

It really depends on the circumstances. If you actually meet and get to know a person, the infatuation will last only a short time. Either love will follow, friendship or nothing at all.

In the case of a person's infatuation with someone they do not know personally, such as someone who works in the same building or a movie star, the infatuation could last indefinitely or until another they become infatuated with someone else.

At last count, 14,259,655 young men worldwide were infatuation with Brittany Spears' belly button, myself included.

so if you know the person well, it's either love or friendship, but not infatuation or sexual attraction?

It really depends on the circumstances. If you actually meet and get to know a person, the infatuation will last only a short time. Either love will follow, friendship or nothing at all.

In the case of a person's infatuation with someone they do not know personally, such as someone who works in the same building or a movie star, the infatuation could last indefinitely or until another they become infatuated with someone else.

At last count, 14,259,655 young men worldwide were infatuation with Brittany Spears' belly button, myself included.

AFTER READING MY POST, YOU ASK: "so if you know the person well, it's either love or friendship, but not infatuation or sexual attraction?"

You did not read my response correctly and I urge you to read it over and over slowly...until you understand it.

The question you pose here is irrelvant to your first question and your assumptions here are not necessarily correct.

As far as sexual attraction, you can be sexually attracted to someone anywhere from an instant to a lifetime. This has nothing to do with infatuation. You can be infatuated with someone you have not considered sexually.

However, I would say that if you know the person well, you could be at once in love, in a friendship and be sexually attracted to them. Infatuation drops out of the picture when love and friendship enter.

Don't confuse me!!!