Getting a decade long crush to like me again!

Long story short, there’s a girl at my church that I’ve known and had a crush on and off for over a decade. We used to be super close but kind of slipped away a little once we got our own relationships and started college and things. We’re both single now and I started catching strong feelings for her again but I don’t think she feels the same towards me. Sometimes she’ll text me but the other day she texted me and said “hey nurse guy” (I’m a nursing student) and asked me a question about something medical related but it was a question she could’ve easily looked up on google but chose to ask me instead. I’m not sure if this was a flirt attempt or not. We started talking a lot more in person. I’m like completely awestruck over her. I Need some help on how to win her over. 

dramafreezone

Only way to know for sure is to ask her out.

She could like you or could just be toying with you.  Only way to know for sure is to ask her out.  If she says no then say "give me a call if you change your mind" and leave it at that.  If she contacts you again, ask her out again.  One of two things will happen, she'll either go out with you eventually or she'll stop contacting you.

And no reason to be "awestruck" over her.  She's just a girl.  She farts, her armpits smell just like everyone else.  She's no better than you are.  If she's not interested move on to someone that wants to date you.

• Like 1
  • Author
33 minutes ago, dramafreezone said:

Only way to know for sure is to ask her out.

She could like you or could just be toying with you.  Only way to know for sure is to ask her out.  If she says no then say "give me a call if you change your mind" and leave it at that.  If she contacts you again, ask her out again.  One of two things will happen, she'll either go out with you eventually or she'll stop contacting you.

And no reason to be "awestruck" over her.  She's just a girl.  She farts, her armpits smell just like everyone else.  She's no better than you are.  If she's not interested move on to someone that wants to date you.

Thanks for the advice. I forgot to mention that she has liked me a bunch before as well so I feel like she could like me again eventually. I’m hoping to get a chance to spend time with her in person again so I can ask her to lunch or something

6 hours ago, lturner23 said:

. We’re both single now.

We started talking a lot more in person.. 

How long have you been single again? what about her? Is she ready, willing and able to date?

Ask her to go for coffee or something. Don't worry about "winning her over". Start slowly and take it from there.

Sounds like you are both young still... Single... and talking to each other.  What's the problem??   Just ask her to get coffee.  OR... since you have known her for a while... ask her over to your place for dinner. 

• Like 1

Just do the freindly move and christian dating.

Ask her if she wants to go drink something. Get to know her,ask her if she is seeing someone, let her know you wanna get to know her more,cause you like her.

See what she says.How old are you guys?

Yes, her asking you a question was a way to keep the door open.

Find out if she belongs to any groups at Church & join them, assuming it's safe to do so with Covid. Be around her.  Talk to her.  Flirt with her but don't get yourself friend-zoned

Perhaps reach out & ask her to go for a walk or something.  Give yourself a few casual meetings / interactions before you ask her on a date.  She needs to get reacquainted with you to know she can trust you since you two have flirted for all these years but never managed to date.