Complicated emotions again

So my ex and I have been split for around 2 years after a 12 year relationship. Weve dated other people but she is single and Im currently seeing someone which has been around 4-5months. I have recently found that I am now thinking about my ex more and more. I felt like I was ready for another relationship and found my new partner fun and exciting. However, A friend has now advised my ex is now dating again and its thrown me almost back to when we first split with a range of emotions surging through me and to be honest Ive not been able to stop thinking about my ex for the last few weeks. Im not really sure how to process it all and Im feeling like im now no longer interested in my current partner who I havent said anything to. Im now no longer sure of whether I am in fact ready to be dating someone again as it not fair on them. Feeling pretty s***ty about all really.   

It does sound like you are not over your ex.  Sometimes it takes a really long time, especially if you rush working through breakups by distracting yourself with other partners.  I'm not saying you did that, I don't know, just something to consider.

Remember why you broke up and focus on the negatives of the relationship, that might help you come to terms with it and let her go.  

If you've truly lost interest in the person you're currently seeing, tell her you have some things to deal with and need a break.  It's likely she'll see that as a permanent break, so keep that in mind.  if you continue seeing her, make sure to be honest with her.  That doesn't mean you have to flat out tell her you're still thinking of your ex, but don't give her any reason to believe that you're ready for anything serious or committed right now.   

If you are no longer feeling it for your current gf let her go but it isn't fair to disrupt your ex's new relationship.  She deserves to be happy too.

• Author
2 hours ago, FMW said:

It does sound like you are not over your ex.  Sometimes it takes a really long time, especially if you rush working through breakups by distracting yourself with other partners.  I'm not saying you did that, I don't know, just something to consider.

Remember why you broke up and focus on the negatives of the relationship, that might help you come to terms with it and let her go.  

If you've truly lost interest in the person you're currently seeing, tell her you have some things to deal with and need a break.  It's likely she'll see that as a permanent break, so keep that in mind.  if you continue seeing her, make sure to be honest with her.  That doesn't mean you have to flat out tell her you're still thinking of your ex, but don't give her any reason to believe that you're ready for anything serious or committed right now.   

Im not sure if I am to be honest. She has been single a while and Ive tried to distract myself by dating I suppose. Trouble is I dont feel like Im ever going to really evert stop missing her and what we had. Its just sorta thrown my again despite me seeing someone.... Not sure what to do to stop the anxious feeling which seems to lay buried for a while and then creeps up out of knowhere! 

After breakup its good to take a while single. As long as you need. atleast 3 months or years. To get over the person and get use to not being with him/her. And you can get to yourself and to how you are as single.

Did you do this????

Or did you just get a next bf after the breakup?That is not fair to no one.

And if you are not over your ex dont bring someone else in. Be hobest with your new bf.Dont waste peoples time.

Your ex moved on.So he wont be going back with you. You broke up for a reason. 

So if you not ready or ibto your bf,let him know in a respectful way. And take time single doing fun stuff. and stuff you like for yourself and with freinds. Plan your days.

And accept that its over between you and your ex. Move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't sweat it....brush it off. You are going to get little blips of emotions once in awhile. This will pass.