I Have a Crush on a Famous YouTuber

18 hours ago, WildZebra said:

Actually, I already made contact with one of his friends (who's also a fellow YouTuber) - by way of accidentally winning his book (he already sent it to me). But the interaction was very short and more 'business-like', so to speak.

While there’s nothing wrong with having a crush on a celebrity, I urge you to manage your expectations about this guy who runs an education YT channel. 

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers
8 hours ago, Taramere said:

I would think that if they interact with other people in a serious way through their channels, those people they're most likely to interact with would also be celebrities/social influencers. 

Not always. Like I said, I occasionally watch videos by a very famous YouTuber whose boyfriend is just a regular guy, not a social media persona. She's talked about this before, said that in the past she tended to date other YouTube-famous people, but it's so refreshing to date someone who's not in that world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author

Btw, I also know a famous YouTuber whose boyfrend (they're going to get married, in fact) is a regular guy. 

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks once again, everyone!
Yes, it might seem like my head is in the clouds... I'll try to be more realistic.
Still I think I'll reach out to him (write a couple of comments). As long as I have no expectations at all (and not gonna do anything foolish), it seems pretty harmless.
His audience is not very big at the moment and he says he reads all the comments.
If he doesn't react at all, I'll just move on and try to get him out of my head.

• Like 1

it really depends on what level of "fame" you are giving this person.  if they are under 200k then you've got a decent chance to get noticed.  if you're talking closer to ~1 million subs, you're going to get lost in a sea of names.

if this is like, dozens of thousands, that's not youtube famous.

as others have pointed out, these personas are not 100% genuine, because you can never know 100% about a person from a video.  you are likely finding yourself infatuated or interested, but there's a whole real side of them that you don't even know exists.

i am friends with several "famous" youtubers, and i can guarantee that watching their videos alone would never give me the perspective of their personality that you get from knowing them as people.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WildZebra said:

Btw, I also know a famous YouTuber whose boyfrend (they're going to get married, in fact) is a regular guy. 

YouTubers are regular people too...so obviously they will have regular people as their partners. Did they meet through the comments is the question.

• Like 1