Can someone give me your thoughts

Ok let me start out by saying I am a recovering heroin addict I have done it the last 5 years or so of our 10 year relationship so about as long as we have been legally married and as an addict I usually have had my priorities f***** up so in that time I wasn't the best father I wasn't the best husband but I Love my wife and kids more than life itself I'll give my life for anyone of them but I have recently had a car accident and decided it was time to try to get past my addiction and had about 23 days of sobriety under my belt when I relapsed and I used five times in a two week period which now I have restarted my recovery days and I'm now seven days sober but I have also recently found out that for the last few months my wife has been talking to someone else and said that she is ready to leave I'm trying anything and everything I can do just save my marriage and save my family I've made a commitment to not use heroin anymore not only for myself mainly but for my family I would just like to get somebody else's perspective and maybe ideas that may help or criticism I know I f***** up a lot because of my addiction so any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You

So sorry for your situation but, since addiction is the root of your problem, we can't help you because we are not drug counselors. I suggest you seek out a drug rehab counsel group, and get yourself a sponsor. They will know your struggles, and will be able to give you sound advice from an ex addict's perspective.

Dude, focus on the sobriety.  You can't even worry about your relationship problems right now.  You'll never be able to have a relationship if you don't focus on your sobriety and really do the work.  Are you getting any professional help or going to support groups like NA?  Drug rehab?  

Ruby Slippers

I agree - put your recovery first. You won't be able to maintain any stability until you get sober and stay sober. 

• Like 1

You cannot base sobriety on your wife staying with you, or not. You can only stay clean and sober for YOU. If you do it for any other reason your chances of success are drastically reduced. 

There are resources to help you regain control of your life. Please use them.

• Like 1

Try hypnotherapy.  You need help with your will-power.   Hyonotherapy changes people's minds.  

Edited by deepthinking