Why men that want short term dating seem to like, but I do not want short term dating?

yep is hinge this time. I have been looking through my likes and most of them are just here for short term dating. I'm thinking they are trying to change my mind,but I will never change my mind. they will never match, and I will block them right away if they're looking for short term dating. I have been doing this and looking for men with serious. please don't say you need to wait for love. The waiting I all I got was nothing but bad relationship and get me approach with a**h*** if I did wait must have time. if men can't put in the effort in texting back then I will also block and find someone else who can put in efforts in. yet I can't even find anyone still.

Edited by Candacesims
On 1/16/2021 at 8:11 PM, Candacesims said:

yep is hinge this time. I have been looking through my likes and most of them are just here for short term dating. I'm thinking they are trying to change my mind,but I will never change my mind. they will never match, and I will block them right away if they're looking for short term dating. I have been doing this and looking for men with serious. please don't say you need to wait for love. The waiting I all I got was nothing but bad relationship and get me approach with a**h*** if I did wait must have time. if men can't put in the effort in texting back then I will also block and find someone else who can put in efforts in. yet I can't even find anyone still.

Dating is a numbers game.  Out of a 100 people, you might like 10 .. and even then only find 1 or 2 you'd consider a relationship with. 

That's simply the way the game is played.   Don't waste time getting annoyed that people don't meet your expectations.  They're not obligated too.  No more than you're obligated to put up with them. 

I found dating much better when I stopped actually expecting any of my dates to go anywhere.  Basically I'd go in with the attitude of "I'm going to meet a cool person and see where this goes".  Remaining a little detached from the process did wonders for my mental health.

Keep searching till you find someone who'll meet you halfway. 

• Like 2
  • Author
13 hours ago, neowulf said:

Dating is a numbers game.  Out of a 100 people, you might like 10 .. and even then only find 1 or 2 you'd consider a relationship with. 

That's simply the way the game is played.   Don't waste time getting annoyed that people don't meet your expectations.  They're not obligated too.  No more than you're obligated to put up with them. 

I found dating much better when I stopped actually expecting any of my dates to go anywhere.  Basically I'd go in with the attitude of "I'm going to meet a cool person and see where this goes".  Remaining a little detached from the process did wonders for my mental health.

Keep searching till you find someone who'll meet you halfway. 

I never will be on date yet .and still hasn't found anyone who like yet, or they have too many dealbreakers and they no  relationship then I just blocked them . 

1 minute ago, Candacesims said:

I never will be on date yet .and still hasn't found anyone who like yet, or they have too many dealbreakers and they no  relationship then I just blocked them . 

Nobody is going to agree to be in a relationship with you before you go on a date. 

It's OK to specify that you eventually want a relationship but that develops over time & especially after you actually meet & go on a few dates. Why did you say "please don't say you need to wait for love" in your Q?  If you actually believe that you will fall in love instantly, that fairy tale romance attitude is sabotaging you.  Love develops over time even if lust is instantaneous. 

It's also OK to have dealbreakers.  You are smart to avoid guys who exhibit tendencies that don't work for you.  There is no sense wasting time on an unsuitable person. 

What is your time frame / expectation on someone putting in the effort & texting back?  Just because we have the ability to be in touch 24/7 doesn't mean some new person you just met will make you that much of a priority.  Not everyone is glued to their phones.  If they are getting back to you off OLD with in a day, that should be fine.  If you want a response within 10 minutes, it's your expectations that are unreasonable. 

• Like 2
  • Author
32 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

Nobody is going to agree to be in a relationship with you before you go on a date. 

It's OK to specify that you eventually want a relationship but that develops over time & especially after you actually meet & go on a few dates. Why did you say "please don't say you need to wait for love" in your Q?  If you actually believe that you will fall in love instantly, that fairy tale romance attitude is sabotaging you.  Love develops over time even if lust is instantaneous. 

It's also OK to have dealbreakers.  You are smart to avoid guys who exhibit tendencies that don't work for you.  There is no sense wasting time on an unsuitable person. 

What is your time frame / expectation on someone putting in the effort & texting back?  Just because we have the ability to be in touch 24/7 doesn't mean some new person you just met will make you that much of a priority.  Not everyone is glued to their phones.  If they are getting back to you off OLD with in a day, that should be fine.  If you want a response within 10 minutes, it's your expectations that are unreasonable. 

first I wating never do anything for me since always end up with a**h*** approaching me. I also f***ing is not like fairy tale romance . I always the one that have always been very bad relationship and toxic  relationship in the past and I don't even believe love at first sight is just a myth .