Why would a guy stand me up on a date he initiated?

Skittle2021

5 hours ago, Acacia98 said:

And it's not just potential dates who do this kind of thing. I've had "friends" pull that crap on me. We're supposed to meet, but a "better" plan comes up (with someone they value more than me). They don't call, they don't show up. They don't see anything wrong with it because that's how their minds work.

More like you are not important enough to them. Your value in their eyes is almost zero. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Skittle2021 said:

He wasn't usually the type of guy I would go for. When talking to him, he was very evasive about details of his life. I always felt like he was hiding something. He had never been in a relationship and when I looked at his social media, there was a gap of like 3 years in his posts. From 2017 until one  recent post in 2020. I thought that was odd. Over the phone he sounded like a decent guy and since I am so picky, and after convincing from friends, I decided to give him a chance and see how it went to be around him in person. 

The gap is unusual 🤔. Never being in a relationship and being evasive about his life. All red flags in my book 🤔.

Guess you know for next time who to avoid!

• Like 1
  • Author
7 hours ago, peach302 said:

The gap is unusual 🤔. Never being in a relationship and being evasive about his life. All red flags in my book 🤔.

Guess you know for next time who to avoid!

agreed!