When the Timing Sucks

HopelessIdealist

Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I [F/36] have met 'The One' [M/32] a few months ago. There is no question in my mind about him being the one. We have everything in common and a bond so strong it feels undestructible. 

But the timing sucks for both of us. Outside factors that can't be helped, but that's not the point of this thread.

We can't keep away from each other yet we know we can't be together at this point. It's so difficult.

Somehow I am convinced we will end up together when the timing's right. I know it makes no sense but I'm prepared to wait it out. Noone else will do. This isn't infatuation or a teenage crush; it is true love. Only those who have experienced it will understand.

Do you think it is possible for a couple to find each other again when the timing's right? Has it happened to you? 

Thanks, guys. I'm desperate for happy stories! Please don't tell me to move on; I don't want to and can't.

• Author
HopelessIdealist

Hi. Thanks for the reply. There's no third party involved, if that's what you're asking. 

We met at the worst time, when we were both in the middle of sorting our s*** out.

We can't do it together or we'll end up hurting each other, which neither of us wants. It's hard to explain. None of it was planned, the feelings grew naturally. We're keeping our distance for each other's sake. We're not teenagers, we both know it's the real deal. We just need to get to a point where we can give it a fair chance without added pressure.

Really hope someone can chime in with a positive experience.

Can you elaborate on your situation a little more?  You're being very vague.  Why can't you br together?  What's preventing this from happening?

It's hard to give you advice if you do not want to share the real reason that you and him "can't be together."  If you want advice then you need to actually explain the situation.

No need to convince us even though l know all the neg sayers you read make you feel like you should. Of course it's possible , if you really do mean what you say when the chips are down and your all lonely and bla bla, which most don't these days can't even survive a few mths - but this is where the true colours show and just how much you do want this later on.

My mum and dad were in different countries 5yrs , married 56yrs, but not many people are made of that stuff these days. A friend saw her man only once in 3 1/2 yrs for a mth , they survived and are more in love than ever still yrs later now.

Edited by chillii
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
HopelessIdealist

@Trail Blazer @ShyViolet Thanks for the replies. I gave my background for a bit of context but it's really more a general topic about when you have found the right person at the wrong time for various reasons and then beating the odds.

Looking for upbeat stories of love conquering all, if you will.

@chilliiHi. Thanks for the happy stories, much appreciated.  

1 hour ago, chillii said:

No need to convince us even though l know all the neg sayers you read make you feel like you should. Of course it's possible , if you really do mean what you say when the chips are down and your all lonely and bla bla, which most don't these days can't even survive a few mths - but this is where the true colours show and just how much you do want this later on

This is it. The true colours showing. The ultimate test of your resolve. I needed to hear this today.

• Like 1