What's the future of dating?

After this pandemic modern dating will be a trainwreck like it was before. Like with most things Covid just magnified what was already there.

• Thanks 1
  • Author
8 hours ago, basil67 said:

@Ellener I didn't know about courtship letters.  Were they for when people advertised for a partner across the distance?   Do you know if any are published?   

From my research, my ancestors lived near each other and married quickly.  I do have my nan's diary from the 1930's and she writes about pop getting handsy after a couple of dates and her telling him off  😆   They were married within a year.

My grandmother burned all hers, I knew where they were and was looking forward to reading them later...a few weeks before she died she told me the gaps in her life story and that some things are best forgotten! The UK was full of such things eg https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2018/02/14/victorian-love-letters-from-the-archives/ but the Civil War era here was too eg https://www.heartofthecivilwar.org/blog/civil-war-love-letters-tales-of-love-and-loss

✍🏾️

• Thanks 1
  • Author
2 hours ago, ZA Dater said:

I tend to agree with you on this but I think the way dating will happen will evolve a lot more in terms of tech, perhaps something better than OLD will surface or because people have been locked down in many countries for so long there might be more a drive toward less OLD and more "go out and meet people".

I miss face to face contact, but I guess things were tending more and more towards electronic communications and the pandemic just gave the 'electronic era' another push...

🖥️

9 hours ago, Ellener said:

I miss face to face contact, but I guess things were tending more and more towards electronic communications and the pandemic just gave the 'electronic era' another push...

🖥️

Yes Ellener, it’s hard to date when your face is focused on your phone 

Cookiesandough

I am a bit younger but I don’t think my dating has changed much since the pandemic. I didn’t date many people prior either. I’d still meet people if they pass my selection process, but I was kind of selective before too in my own way. So I met the guy I am seeing now during the pandemic (early dec) and we’re hanging out all weekend. We never wore protection(masks), even from the jump, but for now we are only seeing each other so it’s okay. I think he is a bit more worried about it than I am because he is opposed to meeting irl other people but I am not...I’ll probably wear a mask if I go on a date with a new person 

Edited by Shortskirtslonglashes

What's the future of dating?

Remote artificial insemination according to a pre-planned design with the intent of maximizing the ease with which the child can be successfully genetically modified to suit the environment of the space colony where they will live.

Oh wait, you mean in the near term...  Nevermind...

• Like 2