Crazy Situation: My girlfriend of several years is either trying to make me think she's cheating on me or really is

So, I know this sounds very weird but it's happening. My girlfriend of several years now is either trying to make me think she's cheating on me or really is.

She will go take a bath for several hours and I can blatantly hear her talking to someone. I can hear both voices, hers and his. I've gone in several times but there is never anybody so I pretty much stopped trying cuz she tries to turn it into me being crazy or some deflection.

Other times we will be in bed and she will pretend to be asleep and hooking up with someone. It's quite disturbing. I'll hear her talking as well and when asked who she's talking to she will say oh the dog or something like that, when I can clearly hear her talking to another dude and either hooking up or trying to make me think that.

Why would someone try to make their spouse feel like this? Is she just trying to get rid of me or is it something much more sinister and trying to ruin my credibility by making me look crazy? I know it sounds crazy but its definitely going on.

Any comments or advice GREATLY welcomed, it just sucks that no matter the outcome or motive, it seems I'm going to lose the woman I love and wanted to spend my life with. Thanks.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs
5 hours ago, Gators1 said:

Other times we will be in bed and she will pretend to be asleep and hooking up with someone. It's quite disturbing. I'll hear her talking as well and when asked who she's talking to she will say oh the dog or something like that, when I can clearly hear her talking to another dude and either hooking up or trying to make me think that.

Can you please explain what you mean here. Is she on the phone while you're in bed together? Is she apparently fantasizing about what she might say, or what exactly do you mean here? She is obviously not having sex with someone else while you're in bed with her.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Gators1 said:

we will be in bed and she will pretend to be asleep and hooking up with someone.

Do you live together? How old is she?

On 27/01/2021 at 2:52 PM, Gators1 said:

She will go take a bath for several hours and I can blatantly hear her talking to someone. I can hear both voices, hers and his. I've gone in several times but there is never anybody so I pretty much stopped trying cuz she tries to turn it into me being crazy or some deflection.

[edited to remove conjecture] Are you saying that she's taking a bath, you hear her voice and a man's voice, you go into the bathroom and there's no one there but your gf and she's not on the phone? And this has happened several times?

Sounds like it would be a good idea for you to make an appt to talk to a doctor.

edited to remove conjecture
  • Like 2
Cookiesandough

Yeah I was gonna say it does sound crazy.  Why would she make it so obvious she was cheating on you ( hook up while you’re in bed together ???) If she really was. It sounds like paranoid delusions

edited to remove inappropriate language
  • Like 2

Good news is the treatment for schizophrenia has improved drastically over the years.

Call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask for the phone number to your nearest mental health professional.

When you call to make the appointment make sure you tell them it's urgent because you're hearing voices when there's no one there.

Most psychiatrists are booked up due to covid related stress so make sure you tell them that you're having delusional thoughts and are worried you might hurt yourself or someone else, especially if it's true.

• Like 2
spiritedaway2003
3 hours ago, mark clemson said:

Can you please explain what you mean here. Is she on the phone while you're in bed together? Is she apparently fantasizing about what she might say, or what exactly do you mean here? She is obviously not having sex with someone else while you're in bed with her.

This.  Just make sure it's not a mental health issue.

And I'm confused. First sentence, she's a gf of several years.  Then "Why would someone try to make their spouse feel like this?"   Are you dating or married?

She wants to break up with you, she  doesn’t have the guts to say it straight to your face. 

Don’t beg her not to break up, she already checked out awhile ago.

Edited by Interstellar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I'm not crazy. It's like she has one of those electrode things hooked up to her. The bed shakes and moves and vibrates. It's the weirdest thing. I hear them talking but I know there is nobody there, cuz I've obviously looked. But I'll go out of room and hear them talking. No I'm not crazy or paranoid or skitz. And it's so obvious and blatant that its gotta be to get me to just leave. It's just weird cuz why dont she just say that. 

• Shocked 2
37 minutes ago, Gators1 said:

I'm not crazy. It's like she has one of those electrode things hooked up to her. The bed shakes and moves and vibrates. It's the weirdest thing. I hear them talking but I know there is nobody there, cuz I've obviously looked. But I'll go out of room and hear them talking. No I'm not crazy or paranoid or skitz. And it's so obvious and blatant that its gotta be to get me to just leave. It's just weird cuz why dont she just say that. 

Is she on the phone to another guy? While in the bath. Im so lost. 

40 minutes ago, Gators1 said:

It's like she has one of those electrode things hooked up to her. The bed shakes and moves and vibrates. It's the weirdest thing.

That is weird. I remember seeing that in "The Exorcist", but it must be baffling.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
2 hours ago, Gators1 said:

I hear them talking but I know there is nobody there, cuz I've obviously looked. But I'll go out of room and hear them talking. 

You are hearing voices that do not exist in reality. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

You are hearing voices that do not exist in reality. 

I don't know that it's confirmed that he's not hearing her phone and that she doesn't suffer from epilepsy.

Listen. If you can clearly hear a dudes voice, then you can also easily record it. Play back the recording. If the dudes voice is not there, then you need meds (sorry). If there is a dudes voice  clearly there, then play it back to your girl, and demand who it is. Be prepared for the  sh*t to hit the fan. Either she will deny it, or the demon that inhabits her will come out to play. Now, if that happens, you need a priest - dont try to Exorcise a demon yourself. Its dangerous, and you will probably get hurt or taken over. OR, you could just dump her and move on with a sane, god fearing woman who will love you... seems like a no-brainer to me. Good luck.